U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 11:00 PM

16,462 posts, read 19,996,430 times

Advertisements

I was up, early morning hours, walking my ferret, up around the Mormon Temple @Bonanza/Los Feliz, and there's one road that juts north from there, with some big houses, I parked the car and was completely swept away with the view of twinkling lights for miles and miles! How can you not envy those people with those big houses and balconies drinking in that view everyday!!!

How about you? Where have you been in the valley, at night, for some spectacular views, from a more residential area of the valley? And where is the best of the best view of the city at night? Is there one? If so, tell me, and I'll drive over there one night!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 11:49 PM

10,869 posts, read 13,635,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I was up, early morning hours, walking my ferret, up around the Mormon Temple @Bonanza/Los Feliz, and there's one road that juts north from there, with some big houses, I parked the car and was completely swept away with the view of twinkling lights for miles and miles! How can you not envy those people with those big houses and balconies drinking in that view everyday!!!
That's basically where I live. Yeah, it's really nice. I have an unobstructed view of the Strip from both the first and second floors, and a balcony that looks out on the strip. The fireworks are amazing twice a year.

And people think I'm crazy for living up here on the East Side. I figure if I have to live in Las Vegas, I may as well enjoy the view.

EDIT -- Although, I think you're referring to the houses at the extreme end of Owens, that are a couple hundred feet above where I am. Those are even nicer -- but they rarely go up for sale.

Last edited by ScoopLV; 12-01-2012 at 12:23 AM..

Old 12-01-2012, 02:01 AM

16,462 posts, read 19,996,430 times
From the corner of Los Feliz/Bonanza I took a right turn, went south a ways, and there was a street headed up the mountain with just a few big houses to my right. All the way to the top, dead end, I turned around, and it took my breath away!!!

How lucky, to be living over there!!!

It would be nice to hear from others, who have been to all points of the valley, and have good basis' for comparison. It's a shame the tourists who come here can't see this dynamic aspect of Las Vegas!

Last edited by tijlover; 12-01-2012 at 02:03 AM.. Reason: edit/add words

Old 12-01-2012, 02:03 AM

13,472 posts, read 9,593,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
That's basically where I live. Yeah, it's really nice. I have an unobstructed view of the Strip from both the first and second floors, and a balcony that looks out on the strip. The fireworks are amazing twice a year.

(snip)
Sounds like the New years Eve party is at Scoop's place this year.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:08 AM

10,869 posts, read 13,635,351 times
You went up to the Copper Road area. There's a gigantic house up there that you can see from most of the valley. I can see it from my front door, and it's around the corner from my mother in law.

As for the usual posters, they hate this area of town. They're going to tell you that the entire East side of town is a ****hole. And that you'd be crazy for wanting to live up here. And that a pack of psychotic illegal aliens are going to shoot you dead on the way home. And that you'd be better off living in Summerlin.

I've been dealing with this sort of mentality for five years now.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:56 AM

13,472 posts, read 9,593,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
You went up to the Copper Road area. There's a gigantic house up there that you can see from most of the valley. I can see it from my front door, and it's around the corner from my mother in law.

As for the usual posters, they hate this area of town. They're going to tell you that the entire East side of town is a ****hole. And that you'd be crazy for wanting to live up here. And that a pack of psychotic illegal aliens are going to shoot you dead on the way home. And that you'd be better off living in Summerlin.

I've been dealing with this sort of mentality for five years now.
Those of us who live in North Las Vegas get the same thing.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:43 AM

9,751 posts, read 21,599,773 times
I think besides where Scoop lives with spectacular views of the valley, Henderson has some really nice views. Of course Summerlin does too in spots. Walking down Ferrell from Centennial Parkway has some really nice views at night. Aviary Way on the overpass has some nice views.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:31 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,303,498 times
The lights at night are a delight but the air pollution hazy during the day isn't something I would care to look at every day.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:34 AM

700 posts, read 1,080,451 times
From a greater distance, but for those that can get on base, Area 2 up by the speedway has great unobstructed views.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:50 AM

12,973 posts, read 12,134,962 times
There are many that have a similar view though the east side above Hollywood is quite nice.

Sun City Summerlin has a number of such views. The best are not accessible by the public though one can get a pretty good idea by visiting the recreation center at Thomas Ryan near Lake Mead. The ultimate Sun City View is from Vista Butte where the second phase models were located. It is on a butte overlooking acres of golf course and lake with the strip fully disclosed.

Chardonnay in Summerlin has some top views. Basically the other side of Scoop's but a little further away.

There are some excellent views in Section 10 and along Grand Canyon in the NW. The Section 10 views are much closer and tend to stress the magnitude of the strip.

The views from Henderson are also nice though they generally take the strip at a lesser angle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas