Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 09:51 PM

306 posts, read 433,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by owelles View Post
Rhodes (with an s) Ranch is a gated community in the southwest valley. Spring Valley is one of the townships in unincorporated Clark County. I'm not sure exactly where the boundaries of Spring Valley end, but I believe you're south of that boundary - out of the city limits but with a Las Vegas mailing address.
Ok. It is likely Rhodes Ranch as I will be in a gated community and not a township. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 09:56 PM

6,384 posts, read 11,875,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmalik View Post
Yes, but I didn't want to post it on the internet.
Well if you are north of Warm Springs you probably are not in Rhodes Ranch, but if you are south of it then you probably are with a few exceptions.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Well if you are north of Warm Springs you probably are not in Rhodes Ranch, but if you are south of it then you probably are with a few exceptions.
Off to look at a map to see where Warm Springs is. LOL

Old 12-05-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Okay, it's near Southern Hills Hospital.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:31 PM

6,384 posts, read 11,875,954 times
Quote:
Okay, it's near Southern Hills Hospital.
Well not Rhodes Ranch then. I don't know how most locals would describe that area outside of "Southwest", its all new subdivisions for the most part and not quite the southern edge of Summerlin. Most locals think of Spring Valley as being much further east, more like the area west of the Orleans hotel so I wouldn't use that name.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Well not Rhodes Ranch then. I don't know how most locals would describe that area outside of "Southwest", its all new subdivisions for the most part and not quite the southern edge of Summerlin. Most locals think of Spring Valley as being much further east, more like the area west of the Orleans hotel so I wouldn't use that name.
So it brings me back to my original question of where am I exactly? LOL.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:42 PM

249 posts, read 402,549 times
Just southwest-- when I think of Spring Valley, I think between Buffalo and Jones and Tropicana and DI for borders. I'm Southwest too. Southwest includes areas like Spring Valley, Spanish Trail and Hills, Rhodes Ranch, Mountains Edge, Southern Highlands, Coronado Ranch, Nevada Trails, among other smaller neighborhoods

Old 12-05-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlesq View Post
Just southwest-- when I think of Spring Valley, I think between Buffalo and Jones and Tropicana and DI for borders. I'm Southwest too. Southwest includes areas like Spring Valley, Spanish Trail and Hills, Rhodes Ranch, Mountains Edge, Southern Highlands, Coronado Ranch, Nevada Trails, among other smaller neighborhoods
Thanks for the information. So, I'm good with just saying it's southwest.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:07 AM

932 posts, read 2,346,489 times
Quote:
Ok. It is likely Rhodes Ranch as I will be in a gated community and not a township. Thanks!
Actually, you probably will be in a township (Spring Valley). Southern Hills Hospital is on West Sunset Road. From what I can determine, the boundaries for Spring Valley are Sahara Avenue to the north, Decatur Boulevard to the east, Warm Springs Road to the south and Hualapai Way to the west. The hospital falls within those boundaries.

Being in a township and not within the city limits is not a big deal. You'll be living in a nice area, with easy access to a lot of things. I hope you enjoy it.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owelles View Post
Actually, you probably will be in a township (Spring Valley). Southern Hills Hospital is on West Sunset Road. From what I can determine, the boundaries for Spring Valley are Sahara Avenue to the north, Decatur Boulevard to the east, Warm Springs Road to the south and Hualapai Way to the west. The hospital falls within those boundaries.

Being in a township and not within the city limits is not a big deal. You'll be living in a nice area, with easy access to a lot of things. I hope you enjoy it.
Awesome! Thanks for the detailed information. Edited to add that it's between S. Fort Apache and Grand Canyon. Does that make a difference?

Last edited by rmalik; 12-06-2012 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: to add information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: