Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 01:08 PM

390 posts, read 751,772 times

Advertisements

I have seen prices of houses sold for less (than they are suppose to be worth). I don't understand any of it, does it mean the houses are a mess, or what? Are they actually selling lower, or is it just some garbage? Also asking prices seem to be lower. Are these houses short sales, or are they being put up (as someone else suggested, but not answered) for a low price to get people to look at them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 01:22 PM

207 posts, read 508,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoliver View Post
I have seen prices of houses sold for less (than they are suppose to be worth). I don't understand any of it, does it mean the houses are a mess, or what? Are they actually selling lower, or is it just some garbage? Also asking prices seem to be lower. Are these houses short sales, or are they being put up (as someone else suggested, but not answered) for a low price to get people to look at them?
Our experience over the past 2 years (ourselves and family) is that decent properties are selling 5-10% over the initial listing price. With the current lack of inventory it can be even more difficult to get your foot in the door, warranting a strong initial offer, and desirable properties are going under contract within a couple of days making it even more challenging.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:51 PM

261 posts, read 421,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretirementlv View Post

We need BOTH 1) a huge tax increase...
You lost me here.

I watch Redfin for listing and sale prices. 89052, 89044, 89074, and 89002 mostly. All show increasing prices at various rates. Sometimes sale prices have outstripped listing prices. If you see more listing prices coming down that might be short sales since they are priced to entice buyers and short sales have taken over from REOs in the past year.

The trend is still up so we will have to wait and see if next year brings the promised deluge of shadow inventory.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:12 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,353,798 times
First of all, I did not post anything the other day. And then someone said I'm lying. My goodness. What is that all about?

Here's the one at The Lakes:

3304 HAVEN BEACH Way, Las Vegas, NV 89117 | MLS# 1306185 | Redfin

Henderson
http://www.redfin.com/NV/Henderson/9.../home/29620962

http://www.redfin.com/NV/Henderson/2.../home/29619322

There were some better ones this past week, but they are Pending now.

http://www.redfin.com/NV/Henderson/1.../home/29677401

http://www.redfin.com/NV/Henderson/9.../home/29620962

Last edited by modhatter; 12-09-2012 at 05:25 PM..

Old 12-09-2012, 07:17 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,821,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modhatter View Post
First of all, I did not post anything the other day. And then someone said I'm lying. My goodness. What is that all about?

Henderson
98 S URBANA Dr, Henderson, NV 89074 | MLS# 1306371 | Redfin

2808 CAMELBACK Ln, Henderson, NV 89074 | MLS# 1305955 | Redfin

19 SANDWEDGE Dr, Henderson, NV 89074 | MLS# 1305725 | Redfin

What about these.......

2468 OZARK PLATEAU Dr, Henderson, NV 89044 | MLS# 1306324 | Redfin

1779 SEBRING HILLS Dr, Henderson, NV 89052 | MLS# 1306053 | Redfin

3133 GIVERNY BRIDGE Ave, Henderson, NV 89044 | MLS# 1303778 | Redfin

2332 MARTINIQUE Ave, Henderson, NV 89044 | MLS# 1270156 | Redfin

Are they higher or lower than a year ago?

Old 12-09-2012, 07:40 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,733,711 times
Quote:

Henderson

2808 CAMELBACK Ln, Henderson, NV 89074 | MLS# 1305955 | Redfin

19 SANDWEDGE Dr, Henderson, NV 89074 | MLS# 1305725 | Redfin

Well I am not going to drag through them all but Haven Beach is listed at 62 psf. There are three other contingents and for sale in their at 84,94 and 94. There have been 3 sales in that tract since Aug 1 at 103,94 and 82 psf. Then it was listed as a short on Dec 7 and went contingent on Dec 7. Listed and sold by the same agent. You see a pattern here?

Urbana - Short sale. Water damage in the ceiling. No FHA or VA...

Camelback - HUD with no appliances some small damage.

Sandwedge - Sales have been in the high 70s listed at 98.

You ain't doing much of a job at selling your position. There are always a few strange listings...but they do not really prove anything...other than there are a few strange listings.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:46 PM

11,154 posts, read 15,927,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I really don't understand the purpose of this thread. You started a thread two days earlier that asked the very same question.

Quote:
WTF do you mean you didn't post anything the other day????

IT'S RIGHT HERE!!!: Prices now compared to 2010?

And here's the link ---again---to the LVRJ that answered your question about asking prices:

Asking prices for Las Vegas homes rise 13.7 percent - Business - ReviewJournal.com

Old 12-10-2012, 02:04 AM

5 posts, read 5,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbill618 View Post
You lost me here.
Yes higher interest rates are necessary. We need to destroy the bad debt, private and public.
I think we are debt addicts and need to go through rehab, and I'm choosing 'cold turkey' as a medicine. That is what raising rates does. Let's get the defaulting over with, the bankruptcies over with, so we can actually try to grow the healthy economy again in the future. Higher interest rates are the only thing that will 'dry us out again'. But we have a big problem, our Ben Bernenke is insane to keep interest rates low because higher interest rates make our current MASSIVELY OVERLEVERAGED condition even worse. Yet Ben can't keep interest rates low without more leveraging (buying debt that no one wants). So he is loading up a sinking boat with more weight....and there will be no recovery, to grow income to ameliorate debt until the debt is unloaded first. We can't fly because we're carrying too much debt weight.

We could afford our current debt levels before only through massive bubble making, especially the housing bubble, which made our debts look manageable, since housing was the 'magic income' that made our debts seem reasonable.
We are still massively over-leveraged and unless we all get raises of about 200%, we won't be able to get this boat back up out of the water.

We need higher interest rates and we need to go thru some painful times.
We're so terrified of failure as a culture that we can't bring ourselves to face our own misjudgments - we think being a risk taker is ALWAYS supposed to be rewarded. Time to wake up.
The American Dream is NOT about hoarding money and houses and fantastic images of ourselves as incredible rich entrepreneurs who can never fail, who simply become more and more powerful, more good looking, more energetic and more brilliant for ever and ever - that WAS the American Fantasy.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:41 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,353,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
WTF do you mean you didn't post anything the other day????

IT'S RIGHT HERE!!!: Prices now compared to 2010?

And here's the link ---again---to the LVRJ that answered your question about asking prices:

Asking prices for Las Vegas homes rise 13.7 percent - Business - ReviewJournal.com
First of all, these are two entirely different subject matters. The earlier post was meant for the Phoenix board. Read my response on that thread. It also was pertaining to 2010 vrs now and the Phoenix Sales Trend since 2010.

The post on this board was speaking of some lower listings I have noticed on Redfin in the last few weeks. You need to read a little more thoroughly, and not skim the posts before answering or making snarly comments.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:13 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,055,874 times
Doesn't this belong in some general economic forum, not Las Vegas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretirementlv View Post
We need higher taxes on the rich, lower government spending and higher interests rates. We need Austria style Austerity in this country. What is Austerity? Austerity is another word for "paying your bills". Learning to live in a budget. Giving up the idea of DEBT .

Make the rich pay for our AUSTERITY. Huge tax increases on the rich an the rich corporations until our debt is paid. Also spending cuts (including the military) and higher interest rates.

Will it be easy? Do we ALWAYS have to follow the easy way ? Sometimes there is no EASY WAY.

Austerity = Winter. If everyone shares it, it will be a blessing to our nation. Next time we should not be so quick to give up our freedom for the EASY WAY, the Easy Money of Debt.

We just pumped billions/trillions into the arms of the banks and the overlords of PRIVATE DEBT. Private Debt is the villain. The government debt is soaring because the governments are trying to protect bad private debt.

Raise interest rates. Flush out the bad debt. Let the defaults and bankruptcies begin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas