U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 05:16 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,450,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
You seem very naive at best...after looking at your post history I'll downgrade that to downright immature...there's no way that if this situation is real that you have what it takes to get through it unscathed. I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't some sort of set-up either.

?
Immature, maybe, but that's not the point...well maybe it is

real, unfortunately, yes. I was trying to get into the pants of his older first cousin who lived with him and hung out with the family quite a bit when I working there. I send him $$ for rackets and we went to a camp--with his mom--together this summer. i had a good time.

Unscathed? You write like I am driving Route Irish from the Airport to the Green Zone in 2007.

The kid is almost 16. you can join the army at 17. he's also a serious athlete. Most athletes dont mess around and his mom was former soviet era tennis player. They are very tough and disciplined people.

Set up? Man, people from that part of the world don't think about perverse things like you do. Child molestation does not exist in Putin's Russia nor are there any gays in Ahmajimadad's Iran. This is nasty. Why are we discussing this.

Last edited by observer53; 12-14-2012 at 06:53 AM..

Old 12-08-2012, 05:18 PM

4,506 posts, read 5,254,415 times
Tell you what....hide your money in my bank account so when SHTF they won't realize you have any assets!

I'll have the money waiting for you when you get out of prison...I'll not disclose my identity or location so as to provide you with plausible deniability...but don't worry your money will be safe with me!

Old 12-08-2012, 05:19 PM

515 posts, read 1,020,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I can be there some of the time, I just cant be riding heard over the kid 24/7.
That, right there, is your answer. If you can't be there 24x7 for the kid, you have no business taking him. You say you do not want to be a parent but this is a job for a parent and only a parent. To believe otherwise is stunningly naive.

When you promised that the kid could come you were promising full supervision, even if you didn't realize what you were getting yourself into at the time. If you let him stay without full supervision that would be breaking your promise just as much as telling him that he can't come. However, if you do the former you risk ruining the kid's life through your negligence. If you do the later the kid learns a valuable lesson - that sometimes people promise things they can't deliver even when their heart is in the right place.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:21 PM

8,710 posts, read 10,142,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Immature, maybe, but that's not the point...well maybe it is

real, unfortunately, yes. I was trying to get into the pants of his older first cousin who lived with him and hung out with the family quite a bit when I working there. I send him $$ for rackets and we went to a camp--with his mom--together this summer. i had a good time.

Unscathed? You write like I am driving Route Irish from the Airport to the Green Zone in 2007.

The kid is almost 16. you can join the army at 17. he's also a serious athlete. Most athletes dont mess around and his mom was former soviet era tennis player. They are very tough and disciplined people.

Set up? Man, people from that part of the world don't think about perverse things like you do. Child molestation does not exist in Putin's Russia nor are there any gays in Ahmajimadad's Iran. This is nasty. Why are we discussing this.
All of the above are even more reasons not to do it. This is not Russia, Toto. Naive with a parent is one thing, a naive 15 yr old is a completely different bird.

You can join the army, but you can not drink, legally. The Strip is not the Army. You are free to try whatever you can.

Seriously? You are going to use the athlete card? Read the paper. Athletes screw up with the best of them. I doubt they plan to, at first. Some of the biggest party people I ever knew were jocks. I might even have bought it if you said he was a complete nerd.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:22 PM

You seem dead set on having this strapping athletic young boy live with you in your party pad....so the question is: Why are you asking us about this if you don't want any of our answers?

Old 12-08-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
1. How the hell is he going to walk to Walmart from the strip?
2. Remember, minors don't have the same rights as adults. He must be accompanied by an adult after curfew.
3. Gathering up his homies so they can trash your condo and party!

I've raised two boys. The teenage years were something else.
sorry, Mam, walgreens. my bad.

You know what I mean. Fine, as I said before, kids should not be walking around at night on the strip anyway. He can go to the onsite magazines if he needs something at 2400.

the condo will be a home not a motel 6. if his mates puke on the floor then he is the one who will have to deal with the stench.

I think some 16 year olds are very mature. He is only 15 and speaks seriously about going to school and getting a good job to help his mom out. he is from a very tough part of the world. Kids grow up quick there.

My ability evaluate talent is rather limited so I showed his tape to the Asst. Coach at my University and the coach confirmed the kid is legit at 15. he knows a US scholarship is an opportunity for him to raise his Mom's standard of living and I don't think he will jeporrdize this.

i do agree that it will take some effort from me. It is for a good cause.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:31 PM

Good luck then....

You already seem to know everything...you don't need our help!

Last edited by observer53; 12-14-2012 at 06:55 AM..

Old 12-08-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Tell you what....hide your money in my bank account so when SHTF they won't realize you have any assets!

I'll have the money waiting for you when you get out of prison...I'll not disclose my identity or location so as to provide you with plausible deniability...but don't worry your money will be safe with me!
Dude, there 1000s of exchange students across our country from 15-18. They do a year or two in the States and hell does not freeze over for them so why should it for us.

Some of these kids have tight supervision, and others do not. In my home town, this 74 year old single lady hosted the kids for gin money. The kids did ok, as i recall...the girl from Sweeden was always taking the bus to Chicago on the weekends though.

I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiminani View Post
That, right there, is your answer. If you can't be there 24x7 for the kid, you have no business taking him. You say you do not want to be a parent but this is a job for a parent and only a parent. To believe otherwise is stunningly naive.

When you promised that the kid could come you were promising full supervision, even if you didn't realize what you were getting yourself into at the time. If you let him stay without full supervision that would be breaking your promise just as much as telling him that he can't come. However, if you do the former you risk ruining the kid's life through your negligence. If you do the later the kid learns a valuable lesson - that sometimes people promise things they can't deliver even when their heart is in the right place.
The kid will be 16 not 5. A 16 year old can marry a 15 year old in many parts of this country...maybe even 14 in Alabama.

16 year olds--and perhaps younger--can be emancipated and live on their own in most states.

kids live with their big brothers all the time in this country.

And you are naive if you think it's better for him to live in Dushanbe than Vegas. very.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Good luck then....

You already seem to know everything...you don't need our help!

I appreciate the comments. really. A few of them present issues which must be addressed. Although doing so does not seem like much of a burden to me.

Last edited by observer53; 12-14-2012 at 06:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or