U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 10:48 AM

1,433 posts, read 2,312,846 times

Advertisements

I think Vegas has a whole lot of flakes in it.

Maybe that is just how dating is though. I used to have a lot of fun. I would meet women from all over the world and we would have a nice time. I initiated most of our encounters online.

I dated some of the most gorgeous women I ever dated this way, Vegas being so transient of a location that there was a robust level of variety to the ladies. I am sure I once had some stories to tell, they've all since faded away into the same storage container where the rest of the glory days of my youth reside.

I just remember so many of them being so flakey and shallow. Lot's of very shallow people. Finding a good woman is hard, even harder to find a good man they say. Fun times though, I'm not talking sexual romps but classy good times to be had.

Sometimes I would have nice dates with super beautiful women who were completely out of my league, but you know what, many times they were very very nice people, meanwhile some of the more humble women in the looks department, would act like they were all that and a bag of chips.

Start talking to younger women in their 20's, ladies in their 30's and mature women in their 40's. Talk them all heck that's what I did and that was before it really became the status quo like it is now. Eventually I met my beautiful wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 11:02 AM

436 posts, read 752,591 times
It completely sucks, unless you have money. The women hare are shallow and come with shovels for gold digging.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:10 AM

1,433 posts, read 2,312,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTSIMMER View Post
It completely sucks, unless you have money. The women hare are shallow and come with shovels for gold digging.

I'm sure being broke always blows, whether you're at the amusement park or the beach.

If you have a decent salary and are single, you should be fine. You don't have to be a neuro-surgeon or anything.

And some women are shallow, I did volume dating. dated as many women as I could. I would arrange future dates before I went on dates with other women. If you're not doing it this way you're not doing it right.

I spent some money(modest amounts really) but I had fun as well. Sometimes I really had a nice piece of arm candy for the night and never went any further than that and that felt good to be honest.

I would do it again if I wasn't married to the best catch I could find.

3/4 of the time the first date was at a coffee place or something cheap like that.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:42 PM

261 posts, read 354,456 times
Chateau Heartiste

Old 12-14-2012, 05:09 PM

126 posts, read 132,934 times
Well, I can't help you. I've only been here a month and haven't gotten out to "explore" anything. I'm getting settled in. I'm still trying to find a really great place to go have breakfast in Henderson. To me that is as good as any date with a chicky

Old 12-14-2012, 06:59 PM

12,744 posts, read 9,495,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraigk1 View Post
... I currently live in the SF Bay Area and recently got divorced. I am a 39 year old professional...
You'll find fewer professional women here than in the Bay Area, in case that matters to you in your dating. As far as that goes, you'll find fewer professional men as well. Having said that, you'll also find many of us ex-bay area people who moved here and it feels like home. We were just done with CA, and couldn't be happier.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:20 PM

15,371 posts, read 33,818,678 times
I disagree, we have just as many professionals as the bay area......or.......did you mean differant professions.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:56 PM

126 posts, read 132,934 times
As a guy who lives in Vegas but works in San Francisco (aviation career) I like it here much, much better in the short time I've been here. Keep in mind I've never lived in the Bay. I couldn't. Like a previous poster stated in the Bay area it seems people are "extreme" everything. I.e. extreme gay (I work with them all of the time), extreme "artsy", extreme everything. There is no way I could live there and keep my sanity. Only my opinion. Your mileage may vary

Old 12-16-2012, 09:23 AM

12,744 posts, read 9,495,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I disagree, we have just as many professionals as the bay area......or.......did you mean differant professions.

I was referring to high-tech design engineers: electrical engineers, chemical engineers, mechanical engineers, photo-lithography engineers, bioengineers, physicists, chemists, software engineers, etc.

The profile of the parents of my daughter's elementary school peers in Cupertino: both mom & dad have BS EE (perhaps from Tsinghua University or Zhejiang University or Indian Institute of Technology Bombay), then came to the US & earned MS & PhDs from Stanford or MIT -- and mom stays home while dad works at any of a thousand high tech companies. (Mom comes to the kid's elementary schools & won't let her kids participate in "recess;" she takes them into the library during recess & does math drill & kill -- but that's another topic altogether. See Why Chinese Mothers Are Superior - WSJ.com for example)

Las Vegas doesn't have the infrastructure of high tech companies, so it doesn't draw high tech design engineers.

I can't put my finger on it right now, but I believe the ratio of physicians to the general population in the Bay Area is much higher than most other places in the US (with the exception of NYC).

For general purpose attorneys (family law, personal bankruptcy, estates, personal injury, etc) I suspect Las Vegas is on a par with the bay area - perhaps even a higher density. But more specialized corporate legal, intellectual property, corporate tax, corporate international, etc will find a much higher density in the bay area.

Affluent people in the bay area tend to have profiles like the above. Affluent people in Las Vegas tend to be more small business people running successful small (less than 100 employees) or medium sized (less than 1000 employees) businesses.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:36 AM

7,112 posts, read 10,877,506 times
^^^^
That's an interesting article you posted. I wonder what the suicide rate is for Asian kids compared to others.

Posted from Nokia 8210
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or