U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 02:09 PM

4,580 posts, read 6,143,617 times

Advertisements

To me Vegas is about a lifestyle first. Cost of living is low, great entertainment options The weather is bearable during the summer (No place is perfect) and Southwest Airlines at the least can get you most anywhere..

As for golddiggers they know who they can target... My opinion on them is if that's what they want it's just a trade off if all I want is the body. Once the money flow stops they are gone so once the physical attraction is gone then I should move on.. Now if looking for another wife just go by the "we" theory.. Listen to the woman and see if she mentiones I more than we... Practice with the I but consider keeping the we...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 08:20 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,892,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschu
vegas and a single guy with money... wonderful.
vegas and a single guy that is broke... not so good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
You can replace Vegas with "anywhere" and it still makes sense.

Posted from Nokia 8210
very true. Women in general will only date guys that are better financially and/or in higher social status than themselves. This is universal.
This is why American men are very desirable in the third world countries

Old 12-21-2012, 12:05 PM

111 posts, read 189,976 times
Interesting thread. I've spent a lot of time in Las Vegas in the past decade, though have not quite moved there. One of the complaints I hear from younger friends who are locals (guys in their 30s looking to settle down) is that so many of the woman they meet are just in town for a few days. So I guess it depends where you look. If you're interested in meeting educated women maybe take a class at UNLV or CCSN, or go to events on either campus. Or do some volunteer work--especially if you're working alone at home. Otherwise just do stuff you enjoy. I've found it super easy to meet people in Las Vegas--because so many are in transition, bonds seem to form quickly. If I thought I could find a good fulltime job there I would move for sure. It's a really exciting place, lots of stuff is percolating downtown, with the arts scene and new businesses, and the suburbs are really really nice. There are a lot of Summerlin-bashers on this site at times, but that's a great area to meet professional people and it's really beautiful.

I wouldn't rule out cocktail waitresses either if I were you. I know at least a few who are doing that because the money is good and it's less stressful than a corporate managerial job.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:41 AM

126 posts, read 132,610 times
Please don't take any offense to my following statement. I'm not trying to stir the pot or anything.

Among the other difficulties of trying to find a relationship that works etc I have found it extremely difficult to find someone who is not covered in tattoos. I'm not judging here (well I guess I kind of am) however I have seen so many pretty, cute likeable ladies recently that are covered in tattoos. If that's your thing more power to you but that is just a turn off to me. And I am only speaking for myself. If you want to put permanent ink all over your body, it's your body. I just don't care for it. I'm not saying they're bad people at all. Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited by vxflyboy; 12-22-2012 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 12-22-2012, 12:02 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,855,275 times
^^^^^
My wife and I both do not have any tattoos. I think it is rare for our age group.

Maybe one day we will get something meaningful together. Maybe not.

Posted from Nokia 8210

Old 12-22-2012, 12:09 PM

126 posts, read 132,610 times
Funny, when I was growing up it was rare to see anyone (non military anyway) that did have a tattoo now it's just as rare to find someone who does not have one. My how times have changed.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:45 PM

9,957 posts, read 8,445,983 times
I don't think this is a Vegas thing, I think it's a generational thing. In any even vaguely youngish population nowadays, you're likely to see a lot of ink. It became a "hip" thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxflyboy View Post
Please don't take any offense to my following statement. I'm not trying to stir the pot or anything.

Among the other difficulties of trying to find a relationship that works etc I have found it extremely difficult to find someone who is not covered in tattoos. I'm not judging here (well I guess I kind of am) however I have seen so many pretty, cute likeable ladies recently that are covered in tattoos. If that's your thing more power to you but that is just a turn off to me. And I am only speaking for myself. If you want to put permanent ink all over your body, it's your body. I just don't care for it. I'm not saying they're bad people at all. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:05 PM

4,580 posts, read 6,143,617 times
Not to bash vegas but something I have a problem with is a woman I meet who gambles. Yea I know this is Vegas but that's something to consider when looking for someone long term.. Same for the ladies... After taht it's just in the numbers.. I will say this I have seen some good looking women at Whole Foods on Charleston.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:26 PM

2 posts, read 2,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraigk1 View Post
Hello all,

I currently live in the SF Bay Area and recently got divorced. I am a 39 year old professional.

I work from home and have a unique opportunity to move into a very nice house at low rent. I'm trying to escape the impending 14% state tax in CA, etc.

My question to you all is - what is the single life in Vegas? I really dont care to meet women in bars, etc. I have been very successful getting back into the dating scene here via online sites and introductions.

I really dont know anyone in Vegas, so Ill be on my own.

should I move there? Help!

Kraig
Ironically I happen to be searching this site with the exact same question. I am in your shoes except I am 27 years old, just out of a relationship (not married) and moving to vegas for my job. I have a friend that lives in the suburbs but I am looking to purchase a condo near the strip. I make decent money but I also wonder how the dating scene is. I would ideally like to find a relationship but I also don't mind finding a girl who is superficial to use for the night. Does any one have a recommendations for the best places to live? I would ideally like to buy for $400K and under.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:10 AM

15,371 posts, read 33,766,194 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or