U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-18-2012, 04:49 PM
 
Location: In the Silver State of Nevada in Las Vegas NV
1,062 posts, read 1,450,104 times
Reputation: 902
Has anyone noticed the increased Helicopter traffic in the past week on the east side of Las Vegas around 89121 Paradise area. It seems to be day and night and not military. Does wind patterns affect where they fly or just more of a demand for this service?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-18-2012, 05:34 PM
 
12,973 posts, read 12,137,944 times
Reputation: 5398
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishspy View Post
Has anyone noticed the increased Helicopter traffic in the past week on the east side of Las Vegas around 89121 Paradise area. It seems to be day and night and not military. Does wind patterns affect where they fly or just more of a demand for this service?
A major helicopter corridor goes down Trop to the east so if you are anywhere near Trop in 89121 you are in helicopter center. That traffic would be going to and from Grand Canyon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2012, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Somewhere.
9,752 posts, read 21,603,122 times
Reputation: 7090
I'd like to know about the increased helicopter traffic in Aliante. Low flying white and red one's. Back and forth about 10 or so times in a day. I wouldn't care about them so much, but they fly too low, rattling windows and shaking the building. We used to have that happen on a daily basis years ago in The Lakes.
I don't know if these new one's are site-seeing or cops or what. If I were to get the numbers off of it, would someone be able to trace it's origin to see who's they are? We've never had constant helicopter traffic out here before until now. Once in awhile the big black military one's or casino execs flying onto the local casino.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2012, 06:07 PM
 
633 posts, read 860,543 times
Reputation: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I'd like to know about the increased helicopter traffic in Aliante. Low flying white and red one's. Back and forth about 10 or so times in a day. I wouldn't care about them so much, but they fly too low, rattling windows and shaking the building. We used to have that happen on a daily basis years ago in The Lakes.
I don't know if these new one's are site-seeing or cops or what. If I were to get the numbers off of it, would someone be able to trace it's origin to see who's they are? We've never had constant helicopter traffic out here before until now. Once in awhile the big black military one's or casino execs flying onto the local casino.
Hey Pink we still have heavy helicopter traffic here in the Lakes, particularly by our house. I assume they are sight seeing the homes on the water. They fly over, circle around the The Lakes Estates then fly away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2012, 06:22 PM
 
584 posts, read 759,871 times
Reputation: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I'd like to know about the increased helicopter traffic in Aliante. Low flying white and red one's. Back and forth about 10 or so times in a day. I wouldn't care about them so much, but they fly too low, rattling windows and shaking the building. We used to have that happen on a daily basis years ago in The Lakes.
I don't know if these new one's are site-seeing or cops or what. If I were to get the numbers off of it, would someone be able to trace it's origin to see who's they are? We've never had constant helicopter traffic out here before until now. Once in awhile the big black military one's or casino execs flying onto the local casino.
It sounds like aliens from outer space to me. They must have heard good things about North Las Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2012, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Somewhere.
9,752 posts, read 21,603,122 times
Reputation: 7090
Quote:
Originally Posted by newopty View Post
It sounds like aliens from outer space to me. They must have heard good things about North Las Vegas.
Maybe it's Paul from the movie Paul. lol Come on, I am being serious about the helicopters, not the aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2012, 07:11 PM
 
4,891 posts, read 8,978,311 times
Reputation: 8366
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I'd like to know about the increased helicopter traffic in Aliante. Low flying white and red one's.
Like this?

That's the coast guards colors.
Maybe they built an ocean somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2012, 08:08 PM
 
Location: Tucson/Nogales
16,472 posts, read 20,002,503 times
Reputation: 22380
I live in 89121 and I find them more than annoying, as they fly over my townhouse so loudly, and when walking my ferret at night, they shine their spotlight down on us. These are police helicopters we're talking about!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2012, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
511 posts, read 639,944 times
Reputation: 609
Probably using infrared looking for "GROW HOUSES"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2012, 11:30 PM
 
Location: Earth
4,506 posts, read 5,254,415 times
Reputation: 4933
.....Maybe an escaped prisoner...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top