U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-20-2012, 11:17 AM
 
Location: In the Silver State of Nevada in Las Vegas NV
1,062 posts, read 1,451,050 times
Reputation: 902

Advertisements

No moisture in the air here in Vegas sunny but Cool suppose to warm up over the weekend so I doubt if snow will happen. If you want snow here you have to go above 5,000 ft to see it. ASk Ella Tea to ship you some snow she has enough of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-20-2012, 01:03 PM
 
26,910 posts, read 38,152,457 times
Reputation: 34844
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishspy View Post
No moisture in the air here in Vegas sunny but Cool suppose to warm up over the weekend so I doubt if snow will happen. If you want snow here you have to go above 5,000 ft to see it. ASk Ella Tea to ship you some snow she has enough of it.
I'll pitch in. Care packages!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2012, 03:42 PM
 
13,482 posts, read 9,606,542 times
Reputation: 17435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I'll pitch in. Care packages!
You can keep the snow unless it has some lime juice, triple sec, and tequila in it. Don't forget the salt.

It really is very cold for Vegas right now. It got down into the twenties at my place last night. people who moved here to escape winter weather are probably asking themselves what they were thinking right about now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2012, 04:04 PM
 
17,543 posts, read 34,623,601 times
Reputation: 9985
Ah, but you don't have to shovel the cold.... . The desert does have cold snaps like this (and Vegas is often a bit cooler than Phoenix), but they don't last all winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2012, 04:07 PM
 
Location: Henderson
1,030 posts, read 1,304,685 times
Reputation: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
You can keep the snow unless it has some lime juice, triple sec, and tequila in it. Don't forget the salt.

It really is very cold for Vegas right now. It got down into the twenties at my place last night. people who moved here to escape winter weather are probably asking themselves what they were thinking right about now.
I admit that Vegas is not a tropical paradise in the winter months but we get enough pleasant days to make everybody happy. Saw a number of guys golfing today. Today is the kind of day that in JUly you would gladly pay $500 for 24 to 48 hours of it. The bottom line is Vegas is not Omaha in January.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2012, 07:13 PM
 
26,910 posts, read 38,152,457 times
Reputation: 34844
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
You can keep the snow unless it has some lime juice, triple sec, and tequila in it. Don't forget the salt.

It really is very cold for Vegas right now. It got down into the twenties at my place last night. people who moved here to escape winter weather are probably asking themselves what they were thinking right about now.
Margaritas by Threes

3 cups mix (We use Jose Cuervo, and it's actually a bit less than 3 if you like it a little smoother)

Divide by 3

1 cup Tequila

Divide by 3

1/3 cup triple sec

A double batch will fill a pitcher. Let it set for a couple of days and it really mellows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2012, 07:39 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
12,686 posts, read 30,982,854 times
Reputation: 5359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Margaritas by Threes

3 cups mix (We use Jose Cuervo, and it's actually a bit less than 3 if you like it a little smoother)

Divide by 3

1 cup Tequila

Divide by 3

1/3 cup triple sec

A double batch will fill a pitcher. Let it set for a couple of days and it really mellows.
Did you mean 1 cup of lime juice?

Living in Laredo, TX, we learned that these are the right proportions, but I prefer to make them one or two drinks at a time and shake with ice, then strain into a cocktail glass. That's the way they did at the El Rio in Nuevo Laredo, Tam., Mex., and they squeezed their own fresh limes. Mexican limes are smaller than ours but have twice as much juice, so if you see them at a local mercado, buy them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2012, 07:41 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
12,686 posts, read 30,982,854 times
Reputation: 5359
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Ah, but you don't have to shovel the cold.... . The desert does have cold snaps like this (and Vegas is often a bit cooler than Phoenix), but they don't last all winter.
Yes, and for those who try to convince people that it is "bitter" cold here, we went 377 days without a below freezing temp. Until last night and probably tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2012, 10:56 PM
 
Location: In the Silver State of Nevada in Las Vegas NV
1,062 posts, read 1,451,050 times
Reputation: 902
Where I came from they measure freezing by weeks lol In 1979 it never got above 0 degrees for the whole month of December . The weather man there tells you how much heating degrees units you need to heat you house according to the outside temps. When it gets to 30 degrees that means more snow lol. So when someone ask me how cold it was where I use to live I would reply it was colder than the hair on a polar bears ass. Now living in LV I guess I'll have to keep track of the few nights where it is actually below 32 degrees lol. I guess I'll be able to do that on one hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2012, 11:53 PM
 
Location: Home!
8,710 posts, read 10,144,214 times
Reputation: 8504
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayview6 View Post
I admit that Vegas is not a tropical paradise in the winter months but we get enough pleasant days to make everybody happy. Saw a number of guys golfing today. Today is the kind of day that in JUly you would gladly pay $500 for 24 to 48 hours of it. The bottom line is Vegas is not Omaha in January.
I wouldn't pay one cent for a day/night like this in July. Send in the 100F+ days anytime now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top