Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 09:15 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,676,870 times

Advertisements

Where can I report those having cars parked on my street for sale. These cars have been sitting in the exact same spot for like 6 months now. Crappy, garbage looking cars.

What are the laws on that anyways? We live in Henderson.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 10:19 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,114,709 times
If they were Escalades, BMWs and Ferraris on your street, would you still report them?

Posted from Nokia 8210

Old 12-20-2012, 11:58 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,726,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
If they were Escalades, BMWs and Ferraris on your street, would you still report them?

Posted from Nokia 8210
If they were on my street we would have them towed in a couple of days. Even if they were nice cars. And if they were on the nearby dedicated streets they would be gone in a week. Mostly 311 will do that.

For Henderson call the city and get hold of code enforcement. Long term parking is likely illegal. Particularly if they are not currently registered.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:15 AM

If its legal no! If illegal - why not? I actually dont see why you would ask such an odd question. Fill us in

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post

Posted from Nokia 8210

Old 12-21-2012, 01:16 AM

Thanks! I will be on top of this tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
If they were on my street we would have them towed in a couple of days. Even if they were nice cars. And if they were on the nearby dedicated streets they would be gone in a week. Mostly 311 will do that.

For Henderson call the city and get hold of code enforcement. Long term parking is likely illegal. Particularly if they are not currently registered.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:07 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,236,739 times
Come on. How do you know that the owner hasn't just lost a job and is about to be kicked out of their home? If there is a for sale sign on the car why not call the owner and ask them to move it elsewhere? Nevada is a live and let live state. You newbies gotta learn what that means. People in other states have been conditioned to report on each other and let the government babysit everyone. Remember, it's a two way street. Here we look out for ourselves, and don't get too excited over what anyone else does as long as they don't hurt anyone.

That said, if you have an HOA they might be the ones who should let the owner know he/she is breaking the HOA rules and tell them to move the car.

I believe it was a former mayor who was disgraced while in office that pushed for a law saying you can't park a car on the street with a For Sale sign on it. I'm sure he did it to please his car dealer friends, but true locals have never liked it. Before the law it was a great way to find a good deal on a used car. It never really hurt anyone, and everyone benefited from it.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:13 AM

515 posts, read 1,177,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Come on. How do you know that the owner hasn't just lost a job and is about to be kicked out of their home? If there is a for sale sign on the car why not call the owner and ask them to move it elsewhere? Nevada is a live and let live state. You newbies gotta learn what that means. People in other states have been conditioned to report on each other and let the government babysit everyone. Remember, it's a two way street. Here we look out for ourselves, and don't get too excited over what anyone else does as long as they don't hurt anyone.
Totally agree here.

But, I would make sure to block my caller-id with *67 when making the call, you never know when you'll run into a psycho and even if you use a cell phone it isn't that hard for a sufficiently motivated person to hunt you down in person based on your cell phone number.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:02 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,114,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
If its legal no! If illegal - why not? I actually dont see why you would ask such an odd question. Fill us in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Crappy, garbage looking cars.
Was just curious if the condition of the vehicles were the primary reason for your displeasure.

Posted from Nokia 8210

Old 12-21-2012, 10:46 AM

15,754 posts, read 14,358,967 times
Do they have a valid registration? If they do, they're perfectly legal to have there. If not, then you can call for having unregistered cars on a public street. They should then ticket them and, eventually tow them away as abandoned.

At least that's how it works here. I don't know about Vegas, but I would assume it would be similar.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:01 AM

15,370 posts, read 38,992,731 times
actually no.....if they are parked more then 72 hours in one spot they can be ticketed.,,,,I got one and my truck was fully registered and insured..... I just wasnt driving it a lot.....Parking enforcement is filled with axles that can't get a job anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas