Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2009, 04:56 PM

1 posts, read 9,986 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of any specific Las Vegas areas that are gay or gay friendly. I'm talking about apts, mobils and or home areas. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 11:10 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,985,259 times
I'm also a newcomer to Vegas, well I have been here for 4 months, but what do the locals suggest?

Old 08-26-2009, 11:32 PM

53 posts, read 243,666 times
Las Vegas is pretty much representative of the country as a whole, when it comes to politics. Very middle of the road. As far as gay friendly apartment complexes or neighborhoods, I'm fairly certain most people hold the "live and let live" mentality. Otherwise there's this area called the "fruit loop" where all the gay bars are at, and there's also a gay club at the Luxor, if I'm not mistaken.

For a place called "Sin City" it doesn't have a large cohesive LGBT community.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:18 AM

120 posts, read 175,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVinWA View Post
Las Vegas is pretty much representative of the country as a whole, when it comes to politics. Very middle of the road. As far as gay friendly apartment complexes or neighborhoods, I'm fairly certain most people hold the "live and let live" mentality.
True! Everyone lives everywhere.....We have no Castro District - no West Hollywood, but then again modern Vegas is only 50 years old.....give us time.

Quote:
Otherwise there's this area called the "fruit loop" where all the gay bars are at, and there's also a gay club at the Luxor, if I'm not mistaken.
The loop has four bars, the other 11 are in every corner of the valley.

Krave is at Planet Hollywood.

Quote:
For a place called "Sin City" it doesn't have a large cohesive LGBT community.
We don't have a large cohesive ANY community, but we have a large Gay population.....We just don't work the same hours.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:50 AM

2 posts, read 8,288 times
does anyone know a place where i can go to meet transexuals?

Old 12-26-2012, 01:38 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,153,795 times
Probably on Craigslist like everything else.

We have a convention for everything.

http://www.geekbabe.com/dlv/

Posted from Nokia 8210

Old 12-26-2012, 02:45 PM

Location: Undisclosed location in the American desert Southwest
188 posts, read 482,507 times
Check out some of the gay groups on meetup website and ask them, they would know. I'm not quite sure that they congregate here then they do in areas like they do in cities like SF, LA, or SEA.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:35 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,480,154 times
Las Vegas Lounge for trannies
Piranahs and the other bars/clubs around it for Gay/lez nightlife.
Also try Hawks Gym and the Green Door.

I don't know any communities per se' but hope that helps....the locals at those places should know more though.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:47 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,987,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie1 View Post
We don't have a large cohesive ANY community, but we have a large Gay population.....We just don't work the same hours.
The above is the best answer, in my opinion. I work with quite a few homosexuals. There isn't much in the way of a "central area" for them. But there isn't much of a central area for anyone.

We have Latinos in the East side, Asians around Spring Mtn., and African-Americans in the area around MLK. But even those areas have considerable overlap. In general, every group is spread out everywhere.

For the most part, the LBGT community will find they have NO PROBLEMS in Las Vegas. That being said, we have a handful of bigots who wear their ignorance and prejudice on their sleeves. They will certainly give a "harumph" if they see two men walking down the street holding hands. They're too stupid and impolite to keep their ugly attitudes to themselves.

But they are the exception, not the rule.

One of the few things I really like about this city is its inclusionary nature. We don't have a lot of bigots here. There are some, sure. But they're old and set in their ways. When they die off, there aren't any younger bigots to replace them. They are the last of their ilk. And good riddance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: