U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 12:42 PM

3,731 posts, read 5,706,831 times
That was going to be my next question, exactly what were you being charged with, thanks for posting the above brosati.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 02:21 PM

109 posts, read 372,264 times

The only one that could possibility apply is "It has killed or inflicted substantial harm upon a human being or other animal". If that is what the lady is claiming, that's an absolute lie!

Countersue the plantiff and slap her with agraviated and emotional stress, or what ever you want make it a statement to her for putting you on such hardship!!!!.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:50 PM

1,158 posts, read 2,286,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolricks View Post
The only one that could possibility apply is "It has killed or inflicted substantial harm upon a human being or other animal". If that is what the lady is claiming, that's an absolute lie!

Countersue the plantiff and slap her with agraviated and emotional stress, or what ever you want make it a statement to her for putting you on such hardship!!!!.
i gotta agree. and you have the proof on your side here...she waited weeks to go to the vet (a bill which you paid). if the lady is pushing this, she deserves to get shoved back.

hope all turn out well.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:52 PM

11,396 posts, read 19,749,415 times
From your description of what happened it doesn't sound like any damage was done, but the "law" is self perpetuating, so they will make all kinds of accusations in order to have a case to bring to court. That way it keeps the judges and lawyers working. I'm sorry, but I kind of feel like you might be leaving something out. Why would anyone want to go to all that trouble if they were only frightened but not hurt? Not that there aren't a lot of nutty people in this world. But if it happened the way you described it, and no one was bitten, then an honest judge with no malice toward dogs (or your lawyer) should ask, "where is the tort?" which I believe is the way they put it when there was no harm done. But get a lawyer for advice, don't look for any here. Don't risk losing your dogs.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:02 PM

12,252 posts, read 16,609,888 times
Call Ronnie Deutche! If she can settle IRS tax bills for "pennies on a dollar"...she's GOT to be able to help you out with this one!

Old 01-30-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Call Ronnie Deutche! If she can settle IRS tax bills for "pennies on a dollar"...she's GOT to be able to help you out with this one!
Yeah, and isn't she kind of hot too?

Old 01-30-2008, 03:11 PM

1,158 posts, read 2,286,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
From your description of what happened it doesn't sound like any damage was done, but the "law" is self perpetuating, so they will make all kinds of accusations in order to have a case to bring to court. That way it keeps the judges and lawyers working. I'm sorry, but I kind of feel like you might be leaving something out. Why would anyone want to go to all that trouble if they were only frightened but not hurt? Not that there aren't a lot of nutty people in this world. But if it happened the way you described it, and no one was bitten, then an honest judge with no malice toward dogs (or your lawyer) should ask, "where is the tort?" which I believe is the way they put it when there was no harm done. But get a lawyer for advice, don't look for any here. Don't risk losing your dogs.
if i remember correctly, the lady claimed the dogs bit hers. she then took it to the vet weeks later and some bruising was found (did i get that right?).

Old 01-30-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
if i remember correctly, the lady claimed the dogs bit hers. she then took it to the vet weeks later and some bruising was found (did i get that right?).
Oh, I reread it. The animal control officer said she told him her dog had a puncture wound. But did he actually see the puncture wound?

I know from having the same thing happen to me on several occasions that it can give you a pretty good scare when a large dog runs out from someone's house as you are walking by with the little ones on a leash. I've cursed out a few people myself for allowing it to happen. But usually it is the leashed dog that feels threatened because of the restraint and starts the fight.

Unless my dog suffered a lot of damage and the owner was callus about it, I would not want to be the cause of someone losing their dog because it was doing what dogs do.

We had a neighbor once who owned two big, nasty dogs and let them run loose. They didn't bother anyone although they looked mean. One day my wife went out for the paper and our Lhasa Apso looked out and saw those dogs as a threat to my wife, and he went after them. He chased them behind a bunch of bushes so she didn't see what happened, but he came home limping a few minutes later. They must have grabbed him by the neck because there was muscle damage and he could hardly hold his head up. It cost us a vet bill, but there was nothing we could do since he started the fight. He was never the same after that, but he stayed out of trouble.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:54 PM

12,252 posts, read 16,609,888 times
Geez...for what you're going through with this...your dogs should have just eaten hers!

Old 01-30-2008, 04:04 PM

15,757 posts, read 20,280,033 times
I suspect that the woman involved simply vented on the animal control guy and all the rest is the system on autopilot.

Wasn't there a suggestion to call the DA and ask what goes on? Does not seem to me that there is anything here. Maybe a phone call will make it go away.

And if it won't go away you can at least find out what statute you are charged with violating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas