U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 04:08 PM

5,739 posts, read 12,409,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post
Take it fwiw but anyone I know that's successful had to make a sacrifice at some point. In your case that could be going to school, starting at the bottom somewhere and STICKING with it, saving your money to start your own business while taking classes, etc.

The main thing is having the wearwithal to see it through.
Well if the limo driving job works out I'm going to attend school (CSN) online if I have to (if my schedule keeps me that occupied) I want to get a degree come hell or high water even though I hate school

I should have done so earlier but the way I see it now is like this....

I've owned my car for 4 yrs, if I can commit to a loan for 4 yrs I can commit to the same amount of time in school. And I feel with a degree my life, and job will be more stable, which is what I ultimately want

Old 12-29-2012, 06:25 PM

7,112 posts, read 11,219,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Well if the limo driving job works out I'm going to attend school (CSN) online if I have to (if my schedule keeps me that occupied) I want to get a degree come hell or high water even though I hate school

I should have done so earlier but the way I see it now is like this....

I've owned my car for 4 yrs, if I can commit to a loan for 4 yrs I can commit to the same amount of time in school. And I feel with a degree my life, and job will be more stable, which is what I ultimately want
Sorry Davie but it is just not the same. Making car payments once a month is nothing compared to going to school, online or brick/mortar. Take it from someone who just finished school last year right around his 31st birthday. I only wish getting my degree was as easy as making a payment.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:10 PM

13,612 posts, read 10,250,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Sorry Davie but it is just not the same. Making car payments once a month is nothing compared to going to school, online or brick/mortar. Take it from someone who just finished school last year right around his 31st birthday. I only wish getting my degree was as easy as making a payment.

Do it anyway, Davie. Nothing worth having is easy to get.

Congrats on your degree, Von. What did you major in?

Old 12-29-2012, 08:10 PM

7,112 posts, read 11,219,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Do it anyway, Davie. Nothing worth having is easy to get.

Congrats on your degree, Von. What did you major in?
Thanks. Business management.

I probably have the most useless degree out there. Not because of the title but by how I obtained it. Over ten years of "going to school". Physical college classes from 5 different schools, 3 different online schools, work experience credit, basic training credit, technical trade school credit, CLEP tests, DANTE'S test, some advanced courses from my job that so happened to transfer to college credits, and a ton of loooong seminars while oversees that gave my college credits also.

At least I have that "check mark" to put on a resume, if i ever get to use a resume. It also didn't cost me a dime.

If anything, Davie, at least get it while you don't have a family. That was my biggest hurdle, so late in the game.

Posted from Nokia 8210

Old 12-29-2012, 11:02 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
But you wouldn't have a house.

You'd be renting a bedroom in a glorified frat house with a bunch of other young guys.

I understand why you want to live in a house; and, it is perfectly acceptable to have that as a goal. What you should be doing is renting a small apartment and saving up your money to achieve that goal.

Your problem with this decision is the same problem you seem to have with every other decision in your young life. You don't want to work toward a goal - - - you want immediate gratification.

You've made the same mistake with every aspect of your life that you write about. You jump from one thing to the next because you want what you want and you want it now. Be it jobs, cities, or the type of abode you want to live in.

I'm sorry if this is harsh, but you did ask for opinions.
I noticed that this post was not responded too. It's too bad as it's the best advice in this thread. The more things change the more the stay the same I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas