U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 11:34 PM

23 posts, read 63,787 times

Advertisements

Hi there, I will be an incoming health professional student and was wondering where would I go to inquire about possibly renting a 1 bedroom unit in the Veer Towers. I saw several posts listing a price of under $1000/month and was wondering if there was any possible way to get that rate if I don't work for them.

While searching around I found many 1 bedrooms for around $700/month and would consider paying an extra $300/month for something as nice as Veer. However the normal price I see around of around $1400 is definitely too pricey for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 09:48 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,384,069 times
Be very careful where you look for rentals on the internet, especially craigslist, they are notorious for having renter fraud issues. People advertising they have a rental and they don't they collect the money produce a legal looking lease and disappear.

Right now there are only 4 listed for rent in the mls and it's for rent for $1700.00 a month. To find anything in a 1 bedroom in a highrise for $700.00 a month is totally unheard of.

It looks like more units will come up for rent in the future not exactly sure when check out this article.
Large investment companies are buying bulk units all over town this is the latest acquisition.
Veer Towers virtually sold out with bulk sale of 427 units

Old 12-29-2012, 11:53 AM

12,973 posts, read 12,134,962 times
There hve been no rentals below $1000 in Veer in the last year. There have been a few rentals of the small unit for $1100. That I would think is the best you can do. There appears to be one every couple of months.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:23 PM

Thanks for the help. I was looking for right at $1000/month and saw one leased in April 2012 for $995/month. I was just wondering if anyone knew how often such rates come up and I don't plan on moving until the summer around May-July.

Also do they sign leases 6 months in advance? When would be the optimal time to sign if I wanted to move in around the May-July period. I ask this because in the past near a University many leases were signed about 9 months in advance due to high demand.

Also any recommendations for near the University Medical Center in a safe location for a 1 bedroom or studio with garage parking?

Old 12-31-2012, 12:30 AM

322 posts, read 472,389 times
A couple of common complaints I've heard about Veer, and probably a reason rents have been fairly low there:

1. The aerodynamic design is very poor and there is a lot of wind noise in at least many of the units, even during times of only modest wind speeds.

2. The buildings reflect the sun into a "death ray" around the pool area. Think of kids burning ants with a magnifying glass. You are the ant.

Note that I have never lived there, so I'm not making these comments from first hand experience, but I have heard these complaints numerous times.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:42 AM

7,112 posts, read 10,850,060 times
That second complaint actually made the local news.

Posted from Nokia 8210

Old 12-31-2012, 09:53 AM

9,948 posts, read 8,438,330 times
The OP would probably be better off in Panorama.

In renting a condo, how does one confirm that someone representing that they have the right to rent the unit (owner, agent) actually has that right? Will the building management confirm?

Old 01-01-2013, 10:19 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,384,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny13oi View Post
Thanks for the help. I was looking for right at $1000/month and saw one leased in April 2012 for $995/month. I was just wondering if anyone knew how often such rates come up and I don't plan on moving until the summer around May-July.

Also do they sign leases 6 months in advance? When would be the optimal time to sign if I wanted to move in around the May-July period. I ask this because in the past near a University many leases were signed about 9 months in advance due to high demand.

Also any recommendations for near the University Medical Center in a safe location for a 1 bedroom or studio with garage parking?
Before the new owners purchased Veer Towers the minimum was 1 yr lease. Most places are one yr there is a couple of highrise properties that do 6 month and Sky will do as low as 3 months.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 license to sell View Post
Before the new owners purchased Veer Towers the minimum was 1 yr lease. Most places are one yr there is a couple of highrise properties that do 6 month and Sky will do as low as 3 months.
I am sorry if I was a little unclear but I am fine with 1 year leases. I was just wondering do people usually sign the leases in advance like possibly lining up tenants before the current tenant moves out. Back near my old University, it was very common to sign a lease that started in August to be signed during December the year before.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:44 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,134,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny13oi View Post
I am sorry if I was a little unclear but I am fine with 1 year leases. I was just wondering do people usually sign the leases in advance like possibly lining up tenants before the current tenant moves out. Back near my old University, it was very common to sign a lease that started in August to be signed during December the year before.
I don't think you can do anything on the strip for less than 1200. The lofts downtown are about the same.

Your choices will swiftly breakdown to the Mayan or one of the rentals in the homes on Shadow Lane. You can get a reasonable little two story with garage there for $1000. Mayan is cheaper but conventional apartments with no garage.

Nice thing is you can walk to the medical center.

Vegas rentals virtually always are leased within 30 days of move in. There is no university protocol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas