U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 12:04 AM

322 posts, read 473,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
If you come here that often you've probably seen Jubilee, but if not you should.
Jubilee is one of the few shows I have seen in LV. All those boobs and having to leave sucking my thumb seemed like such a waste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 08:29 AM

154 posts, read 167,729 times
These are all great suggestions.........thanks and keep 'em coming!

Just a thought: we both like "Americanized" Chinese food. Is there a good place in Chinatown or elsewhere to get a good plate of chow mein, egg foo yung, etc.?

We have a retirement home north of Rainbow and Smoke Ranch ( currently rented out). Any restaurant suggestions up that way? Something like a steakhouse or Italian or All-American.................Any thing good at Suncoast?

Again thanks for your thoughts................

Old 01-01-2013, 12:06 PM

4,506 posts, read 5,270,850 times
Just go West of the strip on Spring mountain....tons of Asian dining choices.....it's called ChinaTown there.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:30 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,758,047 times
I'm not sure what you mean by Americanized chinese food. I'm from the midwest and have not been able to find anything but bean sprouts with celery and a reddish pork. Am accustomed to Cantonese and I don't think it's out here. There is a wonderful Thai restaurant near your retirement home at the corner of Rainbow and Lake Mead. Southeast corner in a strip mall. Lot of very good things off Sahara; Lakes Lounge, Sienna Trattoria.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:42 PM

4,506 posts, read 5,270,850 times
^^^ P.F.Changs' is a good example....so is Panda Express!

Old 01-01-2013, 01:28 PM

249 posts, read 323,879 times
If you like Thai food, go downtown and try Le Thai-- yummy!

Old 01-01-2013, 01:39 PM

13,730 posts, read 22,900,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brdd View Post

Just a thought: we both like "Americanized" Chinese food. Is there a good place in Chinatown or elsewhere to get a good plate of chow mein, egg foo yung, etc.?

I am not sure that it is Americanized enough BUT I really like Cathay House on Spring Mountain in Chinatown.
Cathay House Restaurant - Chinatown - Las Vegas, NV

If you want a place that serves seafood in a very casual environment, you could also try Hot and Spicy Crawfish, also in Chinatown.
Hot N Juicy Crawfish - Smells Like 'Hot N Juicy' in Here!

Also, if you want a white table restaurant at the Cosmopolitan with a great lunch special, they this one for $20.13:
http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/...oMilos0312.pdf

Those are my three ideas.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:44 PM

13,488 posts, read 9,644,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brdd View Post

We have a retirement home north of Rainbow and Smoke Ranch ( currently rented out). Any restaurant suggestions up that way? Something like a steakhouse or Italian or All-American.................Any thing good at Suncoast?

My favorite Americanized Chinese food place, aside from PF Chang's, is China A GoGo.

Very good nearby spots:

Market Grille (Greek food) on Lake Mead across from the Inn N Out Burger near the US 95 on-ramp.
Windy City Beefs and Dogs further west on Lake Mead in the Von's shopping Center
Northside Nathan's also on Lake Mead. Very yummy deep dish pizza, but it's the wings that I really crave.

We used to have a very good steakhouse named Becker's in the near vicinity, but the recession killed it.

For steak I like Austins' at the Texas Station. I've heard the Charcoal Room at the Sante Fe is good, but I haven't been there.

I haven't been to the Suncoast in a couple of years, so I can't help you out there. There are some really good dining options in the near vicinity of that property though. Let me know if you want more info. I love talking about food.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:53 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,510,475 times
For steaks, we like Via Brasil

For Italian, we always enjoy Ferraro's.

For "American" Chinese, we agree, going to any town's/city's "chinatown" is what we prefer to do especially when in an unfamiliar place. Here's a definition and examples for those of you who might be wondering what "American" Chinese food might be from Wiki ...click here. I don't necessarily think that a fusion place such as P.F. Changs is what brdd is looking for but I don't know?

We like KJ Kitchen, btw, on Spring Mountain/chinatown (yelp review). Not the best service but the food is good! ...Cantonese style too.

As always, this is only a personal opinion so I'm not opposed for somebody disagreeing with my recommendations.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:58 PM

625 posts, read 604,419 times
As a new local (going on 7 months!) i love seeing these restaurant suggestions, especially since they are near my area. Thanks!

We really like Kabuki (Sushi/Hibachi) in Tivoli Village. 10 min drive from retirement home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas