U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-17-2007, 03:29 PM

216 posts, read 519,098 times
Default Has anyone from back East found a good Chinese restaurant?

What I wouldn't give for some "real" Chicken Chow Mein right now! And I don't mean Lo Mein being disguised as Chow Mein!

and broccolli with garlic sauce....yum.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 05:13 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,248,064 times
there is a lot of good places on Spring Mountain between Valley View and Jones. Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese. Cathay House is a good for Dim Sum, very crowded during the weekends.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:04 PM

hmmmmm....are you from NY? 'Cause I only trust food reviews from NY'ers

Old 10-17-2007, 06:31 PM

I'm from SF, and I think I know my chinese food. I grew up eating it almost everyday because most of the people I grew up with was either asian or chinese decent. Anyhow, this area of Vegas is the China Town and all the best asian food is there. Check it out.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:19 PM

Okay...I'm going to trust you. I'll check it out this weekend

Old 10-17-2007, 07:28 PM

12,246 posts, read 16,416,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Five View Post
What I wouldn't give for some "real" Chicken Chow Mein right now! And I don't mean Lo Mein being disguised as Chow Mein!

and broccolli with garlic sauce....yum.
Mom2-5...I'll trade you 2 quarts of chicken chow mein, with fried rice and a quart of wonton soup (& fortune cookies) for a dozen Jack-In-The-Box tacos!

Last edited by jfkIII; 10-17-2007 at 07:39 PM..

Old 10-17-2007, 07:47 PM

697 posts, read 2,321,676 times
Take that deal!!! It's only $6.40 for a dozen tacos.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Mom2-5...I'll trade you 2 quarts of chicken chow mein, with fried rice and a quart of wonton soup (& fortune cookies) for a dozen Jack-In-The-Box tacos!
You got a deal!

If you've ever had Nevadan Chinese food you'll understand why I'm jonesing for the real thing

Old 10-17-2007, 08:29 PM

697 posts, read 2,321,676 times
No offence, but a lot of New York chinese food is not the real thing either. I have had great chinese food in Hong Kong when I was a teenager and I found a place in San Fransisco that was right on par with the real thing. LA has some amazing Chinese food as well. I have eaten alot, and I mean alot, of chinese food in the states (you kinda have to to stay full) and I will tell you that Seattle has the most authentic I have ever tasted on US soil. Now as far as Italian food goes, that one New York wins hands down. There is a place we had the other night that was really, really good. I do not remember the name, but as soon as my fiance gets home, I'll ask her what it was. It was up on Spring Mountain road is all I remember.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski21 View Post
No offence, but a lot of New York chinese food is not the real thing either. I have had great chinese food in Hong Kong when I was a teenager and I found a place in San Fransisco that was right on par with the real thing. LA has some amazing Chinese food as well. I have eaten alot, and I mean alot, of chinese food in the states (you kinda have to to stay full) and I will tell you that Seattle has the most authentic I have ever tasted on US soil. Now as far as Italian food goes, that one New York wins hands down. There is a place we had the other night that was really, really good. I do not remember the name, but as soon as my fiance gets home, I'll ask her what it was. It was up on Spring Mountain road is all I remember.

Yup, Spring Mountain is the place for good asian restaurants. If you notice all the asians there, its gotta be good! As for Seattle, this is true because just over the border there is a city called "Hong Couver" its what they call Vancouver, BC because all the Chinese there... very very good Chinese food there too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas