Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 6,111 times

Advertisements

[font=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Hi, I used to be a CNA my mother was superviser at UMC therei is a brand new Hospital opening up at HIGHWAY 95 and DURANGO. There are a lot of retirires here and I think you will have NO problem getting work. o on line and look at the help wanted ads in the REVIEW JOURNAL. My husband and I grew up in Las Vegas so we are VERY familiar with the Las Vegas Valley. I graduated at Clark high school and he at Basic High school in Henderson. Moderator cut: advertising deleted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 03:00 PM

13 posts, read 90,544 times
Hi ! ThanX for the nice tip. That wil be graet if I have somebody who is working in the hospital.We're going to decide next year.I'm gonna take few wks. vacation from Germany to the Philippines (2 wks.) we gonna drop by at Vegas for 10 days, than to germany. thats why hoping to have some contacts in vegas hospitals.As I have said just wanna be sure if i can find job in l-vegs. don't get me wrong. its hard for me to give up my job just like that just for the sake of my fianceeand his one and only child wiling to relocate in usa.
thanks again and God bless you !
same npf511

Old 10-26-2007, 06:31 PM

402 posts, read 1,522,992 times
Unless you are a Dr. or RN, you wont get any of the hospitals to sponsor your visa.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:01 PM

Hi ! I am not looking for somebody to SPONSOR ANY VISA just to travel USA. I have 10 years in USA. I'm FILIPINO but PERMANENT RES. IN GERMANY, been here since 1985. I'm a goverment employee. The main reason why I would like to give up everything here simply because of my FIANCEE and his only child, who is living with his parents right now.As much as possible he want to be NEAR to his one and only child. He gave up everything in USA just to be with me and I feel very guilty about it . To pay him in return and for being FAIR to him I DECIDED TO MOVE WITH HIM IN USA and LAS VEGAS is my first Choice, that is why I am trying to get some informations having a job and of course working permit. I am and my fiancee are planning to get marry soon, early next year eithe in USA or PHILIPINES. Its not because of any papers or whatsoever. We are going to marry because we are sure to eact other. If I am only thinking of my own self I would never ever do this , as a PERMANENT RES OF GERMANY with PERMANENT JOB !!! I can't blame you for that, you maybe right but I do beleive its kinda sort of luck.AND I DO BELIEVE once I am there I will get a job. I just wanna make sure about this matter. Anyway thank you for the tip !
Be well ...

Old 11-20-2007, 06:17 PM

3 posts, read 11,431 times
Smile Hello NPF511

Hello there. Greetings! Saw your post and would like to inform you that I also am a Filipino , now residing in Las Vegas, NV, USA, used to live in Frankfurt, Germany. I see that you are very much interested of coming to the US to work. Well, it's not really that easy because , first of all, to be able to finish all immigration requirements that you need just to be able to stay in the US needs alot of time, a very long time, before everything else. People from outside think it's so easy to enter the US and work but that is not true. Immigration is very strict nowadays. If you really want to come, then I would say, find a nursing home or a carehome that is ready to sponsor you to come to the US and work, otherwise, I dont see any other way how you could come and work here. Secondly, if you are a CNA grad, you could also find a job in Germany, isn't it in demand there right now? I know they are short of nurses but if you're a CNA grad, then it would be so easy for you to find a job.

Hope to communicate with you. Pls feel free to contact me thru email. Bye for now and take care.

OceanBreeze040

Old 11-26-2007, 11:59 AM

Hi ! ocean breeze paki SULAT mo naman ako sa get mo nga simula na letra at saka bilang na labing isa , lima ok, pero una mo pangaln ko tapos bilang wala space iyon ha, nina, ewan, ewan, naman, ayan, hallo, labing isa, lima , at ayaw , otto, love tuldoc coma, oto , motto. SORRY kuha mo ?
Nice of you to write me mail mo naman ako ha isa isahin mo simula sa NINA kunin mo mga unang letra nila. I am working here since 1991 ata, but my fiancee is missing his one and only child, the reason why he came bec. its hard for me to give up my job. I will be soon 50, mail me na lang ako sa aol.com ko.
lets chat there okey. or sa yahoo if you have too.

best reagards, npf511

Old 12-31-2007, 10:28 PM

11 posts, read 33,201 times
hi guys!!! i thought i'd post my question regarding CNA jobs in las vegas. my son and I moved here a little over a month ago. I'm certified at a different state, I was wondering how much is the starting? how's the work environment? What are the chances of getting a CNA position in the hospital? Thanks

Old 10-03-2008, 04:13 PM

1 posts, read 5,326 times
Default cna

Where can you take the three week accelerated course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw555...5 View Post
Hello, well I am a CNA in Las Vegas. To find accredited CNA courses, google: Nevada State Board of Nursing. There will be a list to your left. The fastest way (and probably the hardest) is through the three week accelerated course. The course is intense, and you may have trouble if your first language is not english. But any teacher you have will probably work with you. Let me know if you have any more questions, I will be happy to answer. Good luck in your move.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:13 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,006,154 times
no WONDER I thought I had read this post before.....someone resurected a year old post that had run ut's course.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,921 times
I am trying to find where I can get training to become a CNA in Las Vegas, NV. All of the places I have tried want me to become a medical assistant. Any info on where to go or call would be much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas