Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 05:22 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,332,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
Those who are successful in CA do not move! There are all those in the middle who are not making the big bucks and still feels like they are still living paycheck to paycheck. Then there are the ones in the bottom who will qualify for government assistance.
Are you starting to see why I call LV THECesspool?? Plain and simple, LV draws those who are below the norm, the exception being hustlers of every type. I don't find fault with this, only view this as reality. Want money, more money----Vegas Baby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 05:37 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Are you starting to see why I call LV THECesspool?? Plain and simple, LV draws those who are below the norm, the exception being hustlers of every type. I don't find fault with this, only view this as reality. Want money, more money----Vegas Baby!
Yeah I get it, and I totally agree with you. But there are also those who are honest and good people who move here. What is the ratio to the ones who are good citizens and those who are criminals and scam artists? I'm not sure?? But when I moved here, I personally didn't have that kind of mentality of Mo Mo Money, but I did think mo mo of my money is going to the bank and my retirement instead of Sacramento's bank.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Yes, NV provides a climate, tax wise, and other, beneficial to business. Still, there is no Microsoft, Oracle, Cleveland Clinic, and such that LV has offered the "moon". Until LV economy gains such, LV will continue to be the "dumping ground"; or Cesspool of the world. Yucca Mt? Vegas Baby? What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas??? This is reality.
How about all those CA jobs that left the state but ended up not in another state but another country? My mother worked for HP in Palo Alto, CA. She was laid off because they outsourced her job to India. Have you called tech support for Dell or even Microsoft? Yup, your going to get Mohinder Surresh to answer your questions.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
How about all those CA jobs that left the state but ended up not in another state but another country? My mother worked for HP in Palo Alto, CA. She was laid off because they outsourced her job to India. Have you called tech support for Dell or even Microsoft? Yup, your going to get Mohinder Surresh to answer your questions.
When I call HP for support, if I get an American, I hang up, and hope to get an Indian the next go-around. I will not do the same in the medical field.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Yeah I get it, and I totally agree with you. But there are also those who are honest and good people who move here. What is the ratio to the ones who are good citizens and those who are criminals and scam artists? I'm not sure?? But when I moved here, I personally didn't have that kind of mentality of Mo Mo Money, but I did think mo mo of my money is going to the bank and my retirement instead of Sacramento's bank.
Sure, lots of good people in LV, but the trend seems to be the "locals" act in a manner formerly reserved for the "tourist", the "rube", those who also act as if LV is their "dumping ground". Not what I found to be the essence of LV.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:02 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Sure, lots of good people in LV, but the trend seems to be the "locals" act in a manner formerly reserved for the "tourist", the "rube", those who also act as if LV is their "dumping ground". Not what I found to be the essence of LV.
Your problem is and remains that you look at LV as a Cesspool. It is not. But your phobia causes you to see it in such a light. Thus you are unable to deal with it except in this role you have preordained.

You don't see reality...only the cesspool you have created in your mind.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Your problem is and remains that you look at LV as a Cesspool. It is not. But your phobia causes you to see it in such a light. Thus you are unable to deal with it except in this role you have preordained.

You don't see reality...only the cesspool you have created in your mind.
My only phobia is that, ANYONE would use you as a realtor, when you can't even get the address of a property right. Scary stuff.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:20 PM

43 posts, read 293,380 times
I think people leave California and go ANYWHERE else because California is so messed up it needs to become a Country in and of itself...........who in the heck can afford to live there anyway? Watch House Hunters when they show you a million dollar house in CA. will go for 200,000 most anywhere else. NUTS!

Old 03-09-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsk8fan View Post
I think people leave California and go ANYWHERE else because California is so messed up it needs to become a Country in and of itself...........who in the heck can afford to live there anyway? Watch House Hunters when they show you a million dollar house in CA. will go for 200,000 most anywhere else. NUTS!
Successful people in their chosen field can afford to live in California. Nevada provides an alternative for others.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Successful people in their chosen field can afford to live in California. Nevada provides an alternative for others.
Successful people with money that can afford it, those who prefer to rent instead of buy, those who are mooching off government housing or those who still live at their parent's house because they cant afford to move out. I have close friends that still actually live at home because its much cheaper (these guys are in their 40's with kids).

I actually was going to move to the central valley (stockton, lodi, modesto, merced area) since it was about the same price as Las Vegas (to buy a home). But I didn't want to commute 3 hours or more a day just to own a home. This is what most people do in CA when they cannot afford to own a home that is 30 mins or closer to their workplace.

NV provides an alternative for those who want out, and so does AZ and a few other states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: