Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 04:40 PM

244 posts, read 440,167 times

Advertisements

Anyone can help me pls another day i was trying to locate MGM Career Center on 4886 Frank Sinatra Drive but could`t find anything.
Are they still in that area or they moved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 05:45 PM

2,849 posts, read 4,520,659 times
It's been years, but when I applied for an MGM/Mirage job, they did everything from Bellagio. The interview, the pre-screening, everything. The last couple of weeks, I've been trying to get to their mgmresortcareers.com webpage but haven't been able to get there. Maybe you could call Bellagio & get some direction ????

Old 01-23-2013, 06:15 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,992,760 times
It's still there -- but you'll never find it driving down Frank Sinatra. It's basically in the MGM complex, at the bottom level of the employee parking area, between the garage and the MGM Grand.

Just park in the garage, find a security officer and ask.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:47 PM

thank you guys

There must be something "interesting" about MGM hiring process.

They are only company that is not possible to reach over the phone (employment center) and they also hiding their employment building.

I just wanted them to ask why they are constantly denying my aplication online for job where i have years of experience but i think i would just waste my time with that

Old 01-25-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioni888 View Post
I just wanted them to ask why they are constantly denying my aplication online for job where i have years of experience but i think i would just waste my time with that
I can answer that for you and save you a phone call.

If the job description says, "You must have 11 years work history at [fill-in-the-blank], a PhD in Chemical Engineering, and speak fluent Tagalog," then you must have all three. You can't have 20 years experience, the PhD, and not speak Tagalog.

And guess what, there's someone who has the experience who already works there and was promoted from within. If you want to work at MGM, just get ANY job there. Even if you think it's beneath you. If they like you, they'll put you where you want to be in a matter of months.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:03 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I can answer that for you and save you a phone call.

If the job description says, "You must have 11 years work history at [fill-in-the-blank], a PhD in Chemical Engineering, and speak fluent Tagalog," then you must have all three. You can't have 20 years experience, the PhD, and not speak Tagalog.

And guess what, there's someone who has the experience who already works there and was promoted from within. If you want to work at MGM, just get ANY job there. Even if you think it's beneath you. If they like you, they'll put you where you want to be in a matter of months.
jeeze

The last job I had the position description asked for a former field grade military (or civilian mid-level career) intelligence officer with a graduate degree who was a 2/3 in Urdu (a 3/3 means fluent). I was never an officer, don't have a grad degree, and can't speak Afghan and still got the job.

Sometimes recruiters/hr people are robots and only look for key words but are you sure it's that strict? I applied for a job at a strip property about a year ago and was contacted about another position 6 months ago for which did not meet all of the requirements advertised.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:09 AM

822 posts, read 2,202,695 times
It's behind NYNY.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
jeeze

The last job I had the position description asked for a former field grade military (or civilian mid-level career) intelligence officer with a graduate degree who was a 2/3 in Urdu (a 3/3 means fluent). I was never an officer, don't have a grad degree, and can't speak Afghan and still got the job.

Sometimes recruiters/hr people are robots and only look for key words but are you sure it's that strict? I applied for a job at a strip property about a year ago and was contacted about another position 6 months ago for which did not meet all of the requirements advertised.
I'm sure it's that strict at MGM Resorts International. They really, really, really do not like to hire people for plum positions from without. They want to promote people from within. Just get in somewhere, and then move around within the company. That's how they want it.

If they like someone, then doors will open as if by magic. But for the most part, those doors are "employee only" doors. Get it?

As an employee, I wouldn't have it any other way. Why should someone who just moved here get the choice job when one of us is ready, willing and able? Get in somewhere, prove yourself, and work your way up. If you have the skills and the great attitude, it's a short trip. If not, oh well. (The great attitude is a must. If the MGM were Vince Lombardi, the saying would go, "Attitude isn't everything. It's the only thing.")

I'm quite happy where I am. But if for some reason that changed, I could go to the head-honcho where I work and tell him/her, "This isn't working for me. I want to do this instead, and here's why." Within a month, it would happen.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I'm sure it's that strict at MGM Resorts International. They really, really, really do not like to hire people for plum positions from without. They want to promote people from within. Just get in somewhere, and then move around within the company. That's how they want it.

If they like someone, then doors will open as if by magic. But for the most part, those doors are "employee only" doors. Get it?

As an employee, I wouldn't have it any other way. Why should someone who just moved here get the choice job when one of us is ready, willing and able? Get in somewhere, prove yourself, and work your way up. If you have the skills and the great attitude, it's a short trip. If not, oh well. (The great attitude is a must. If the MGM were Vince Lombardi, the saying would go, "Attitude isn't everything. It's the only thing.")

I'm quite happy where I am. But if for some reason that changed, I could go to the head-honcho where I work and tell him/her, "This isn't working for me. I want to do this instead, and here's why." Within a month, it would happen.
If i have 10+ years of experience in one field im not going to apply for something else just to "get in" !
I know i have nice personality, experience.... but my application always gets rejected. I dont have chance even to talk to someone. Nothing. And this is not just me, i know other people too.

Worst thing is when i heard they hired someone else, with minimal or no experience.

Venetian,wynn,Caesars.. They all have employment office where you can go or call them

Old 01-26-2013, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioni888 View Post
If i have 10+ years of experience in one field im not going to apply for something else just to "get in"
And that's why you're having trouble getting hired. If you don't like how the game is played, quit and do something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas