Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 03:20 PM

542 posts, read 1,928,835 times

Advertisements

When we come to Vegas for vacation we always go to M&M's soulfood. Couldn't tell you where it is though...sorry. However, they do have GOOD chicken(wings) and waffles!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 04:16 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,049,517 times
No Shakeys in Nevada but I have had their chicken and jojos in California and Washington and they're not bad.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:50 PM

542 posts, read 1,928,835 times
M&M's is on Charleston Blvd.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:50 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
Church's and Popeyes should get the job done. I don't know what Bob is talking about. Perfectly fine fried chicken. And the biscuits are to die for.
Well, if that's what you think, then you've never had "real" fried chicken, as in the pan-fried chicken that preceeded KFC, Church's, and Popeye's pressure-cooked crap. Try a real southern restaurant that still pan-fries and you'll never eat that junk again......

Old 10-22-2007, 11:20 AM

1,326 posts, read 2,582,203 times
There used to be Shakeys in town, the one I used to go to was at DI and Boulder Hwy. Long gone.

I haven't had really good fried chicken since I left Missouri. There was a place there called Fisher's (just a local place, not a chain) that made their chicken in big (and I mean big, maybe 18") cast iron frying pans. Best chicken I ever ate. Sadly, they are no longer in business either.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:38 PM

818 posts, read 3,698,510 times
I'll have to give it a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Well, if that's what you think, then you've never had "real" fried chicken, as in the pan-fried chicken that preceeded KFC, Church's, and Popeye's pressure-cooked crap. Try a real southern restaurant that still pan-fries and you'll never eat that junk again......

Old 10-22-2007, 07:32 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,418 times
Quote:
i'll still eat it....but bob's right; it doesn't compare to real southern-style fried chicken.

afterall, they are the McDs of the chicken world...

Old 10-22-2007, 07:37 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
i'll still eat it....but bob's right; it doesn't compare to real southern-style fried chicken.

afterall, they are the McDs of the chicken world...
There was a solution to this problem...Hill Top House...unfortunately they closed last March...for reason that are not rational. But then again...you needed to meet those folks to understand.

I wonder if there is any way to resurrect Hill Top. it was very close to the best greasy spoon in the world. And Fried Chicken was the specialty.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:21 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,687,180 times
Quote:
Bob, always says crap about chain food or even independent places. People are looking for what's best in Las Vegas, not what's best elsewhere...It might be better elsewhere, but everybody is looking for something local, not 3000 miles away...like your argument with Metro Pizza...Its not the best pizza ever, but it is one of the best in Vegas, because that's just what we have...

Old 10-26-2007, 05:03 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
Bob, always says crap about chain food or even independent places. People are looking for what's best in Las Vegas, not what's best elsewhere...It might be better elsewhere, but everybody is looking for something local, not 3000 miles away...like your argument with Metro Pizza...Its not the best pizza ever, but it is one of the best in Vegas, because that's just what we have...
Kid-

I'm not familiar with every chicken place in Vegas, but I pray that there's something that beats KFC, Church's, and Popeyes. If not, that's a pretty sad statement on Vegas' food scene.

Did I say that you had to go to the south to get good chicken? No- I said that KFC and the like are not good chicken.

And Metro pizza still sucks- maybe it's the best that Vegas has, but again, that's a pretty sad statement on Vegas' food scene.

BTW- I recall one of the threads where you were getting all excited that Cici's Pizza was coming to Vegas. I had never heard of Cici's before, so when I saw one here in Atlanta a while back, I figured "the Kid was excited about it, so why not give it a try?". My god, that was awful crap. I guess for a $4.99 pizza buffet you can't expect much, but I'd rather throw some ketchup on a cardboard pizza box than eat that stuff again. I hope you enjoy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas