Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 09:41 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times

Advertisements

...is located in Las Vegas.

One of my wife's properties was voted the best in the country. Nellis AFB also made the #1spot for their on base housing. There are some nice looking contenders on the list as well...check them out.

UNITS Magazine's Curb Appeal Contest - a set on Flickr

Quote:
Curb appeal is a critical component to any successful apartment community. NAA’s units magazine invited its membership to submit its best image and thoughts on how they optimize curb appeal.

We received nearly 70 entries from communities ranging in size, type, location and budget. Martin Fein Interests’ Verona at the Reserve, Houston, took top honors. Because we received so many interesting images, we have created several honorable-mention categories.
Category: Best Section 42

Quote:
Community: Fore Property Company’s Arbor Pointe
The well-designed landscaping plan supports all water-conservation initiatives, yet it maintains real beauty while holding true to the desert landscape and natural design that features stunning views of Las Vegas.

Category: Military Housing

Community: Hunt Companies’ Nellis Family Housing
Mediterranean-style homes with varying street setbacks, decorative accents on stucco facades, lush desert landscaping and wide, curving streets help to slow traffic and bring residents outdoors to enjoy our wide, pedestrian-friendly street walks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 07:44 PM

236 posts, read 405,587 times
Arbor Pointe is on our list of complexes to look at when we visit Vegas in April...it looks very nice!

Old 01-29-2013, 11:11 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
Sorry Von, can't agree.

Best base housing in the nation, is, without a doubt Trumbo Point in Key West. 1) Look at the picture below. 2) IT'S KEY WEST.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Sorry Von, can't agree.

Best base housing in the nation, is, without a doubt Trumbo Point in Key West. 1) Look at the picture below. 2) IT'S KEY WEST.
Just did some research. Yes, those are definitely nice. Seems that they are considered "lodging", rather than family housing. Maybe that's why they were not considered.

My wife wants to call tomorrow for pricing...ha. We are coming up on another vacation.

Posted from Nokia 8210

Old 01-30-2013, 12:16 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Just did some research. Yes, those are definitely nice. Seems that they are considered "lodging", rather than family housing. Maybe that's why they were not considered.

My wife wants to call tomorrow for pricing...ha. We are coming up on another vacation.
I have sailed around every base house in Key West. I would trade my right arm and a pint of blood to own ANY of those houses. (Wouldn't you think my right arm COMES with a pint of blood? But I digress.) Every single one of them is right on the water, with a killer view. And, IT'S KEY WEST.

"Seaman, your orders are to report to Key West for duty."

That must be basically hitting the armed forces lottery. Worst case scenario? "Seaman, go to Groton, CT. From there, you will transfer to Bayonne, NJ."

Old 01-30-2013, 06:44 AM

From what I remember from living there, EVERYTHING in Key West had a killer view.

I'm sure Nellis only won because of their newly built brand new housing.

Posted from Nokia 8210

Old 01-30-2013, 07:16 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,781,352 times
I liked my housing on Vieques Island, PR when I was in.. wild horses roaming out the windows and a view of Puerto Rico across the 8 mile channel

Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 PM

8 posts, read 11,936 times
Great thread and some really nice properties. I'm really thinking hard about moving to Las Vegas and to see Arbor Pointe got my attention. I did some research on the area and can't find anything negative about it...seems like a great find!!! Anyone else familiar with this property?
Thanks

Old 01-30-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger2004 View Post
Great thread and some really nice properties. I'm really thinking hard about moving to Las Vegas and to see Arbor Pointe got my attention. I did some research on the area and can't find anything negative about it...seems like a great find!!! Anyone else familiar with this property?
Thanks
My wife is VERY familiar with that property. Even though it is considered low income(section 42). It's on the side of town where public transportation does not go. Plus it is outside if the 215 circle. I guess that keeps the riff raff out. Everyone has to qualify to live there(can't exceed a certain salary).

Posted from Nokia 8210

Old 01-31-2013, 10:03 AM

8 posts, read 11,936 times
Thanks Von!! When we moved to Spokane, WA we used the internet to find a place and got burned bad, nothing like what it showed. Now at 62yrs old I don't want the same thing happening when I move to Vegas...I have a budget of 800-900/month and just want something that's nice, safe and fairly quiet!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: