Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 06:27 PM

151 posts, read 299,201 times

Advertisements

I live up in the Sun city anthem area and the peace and quiet is blissful. The amenities in this city offer anything I could have in Los Angeles, except a sunset at the beach- So what? The value in housing for this neighborhood would be at least 300k to 400k more in Southern Cal.

I was prepared to open a business, but the Nevada State Board of accountancy moves a little slow in granting reciprocity to California certified public accountants. It will have to wait until June.

Another thing I have noticed is a general friendliness. I may not be a local yet, but I am very happy I moved here.

Last edited by oomph; 01-29-2013 at 06:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 06:34 PM

117 posts, read 145,999 times
Congrats! Glad you are so happy in your new home. Hope to be in the same situation as you in a few months!

Old 01-29-2013, 07:00 PM

151 posts, read 299,201 times
Dont forget to order your utilities in advance. I was a noob and I spent my first night sleeping in a cold dark house with flash lights. The good thing about this area is affordable hotels. The Sunset Station was a great value until the water, gas and electricity were turned on. I hope your transition is very pleasant.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:35 PM

95 posts, read 225,070 times
Pure jealousy here too! Next week's the week when Boss comes down and we speak about moving the company from LA to LV...

Old 01-29-2013, 07:46 PM

134 posts, read 177,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oomph View Post
Dont forget to order your utilities in advance. I was a noob and I spent my first night sleeping in a cold dark house with flash lights. The good thing about this area is affordable hotels. The Sunset Station was a great value until the water, gas and electricity were turned on. I hope your transition is very pleasant.
Ha!! That happened to me back in November. I froze my tail off for 3 days (nights) until I finally said "this is crazy" so I went and got a room. Brrrrrrrrr. I had power just no heat or hot water. That shower was brutal.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:49 PM

1,557 posts, read 3,304,277 times
Good to hear your contentment. Nevada has some of the most beautiful sunsets.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:27 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,946,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bravo View Post
Pure jealousy here too! Next week's the week when Boss comes down and we speak about moving the company from LA to LV...
Interesting. I can understand the tax reasons for this, but are there others? Can you give us a general idea of what business you are in and how many employees may be relocated to Las Vegas with the move?

Old 01-29-2013, 08:34 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,535,283 times
Quote:
I live up in the Sun city anthem area and the peace and quiet is blissful. The amenities in this city offer anything I could have in Los Angeles, except a sunset at the beach-

Oh come on now... I am sure it's okay, but let's not over state what clearly can not be a truism.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:58 AM

107 posts, read 231,654 times
Quote:
I live up in the Sun city anthem area and the peace and quiet is blissful. The amenities in this city offer anything I could have in Los Angeles, except a sunset at the beach- So what? The value in housing for this neighborhood would be at least 300k to 400k more in Southern Cal.

I was prepared to open a business, but the Nevada State Board of accountancy moves a little slow in granting reciprocity to California certified public accountants. It will have to wait until June.

Another thing I have noticed is a general friendliness. I may not be a local yet, but I am very happy I moved here.
Congrats on the move... So you were already a licensed CPA in SoCal? It's so good to know that CA & NV have reciprocity...

Hit me up if you need an unpaid and highly qualified intern! Private message me--I'll give you more details....

Old 01-30-2013, 01:00 AM

95 posts, read 225,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Interesting. I can understand the tax reasons for this, but are there others? Can you give us a general idea of what business you are in and how many employees may be relocated to Las Vegas with the move?
My wife and I would most likely be the only ones relocating. The others have family here in SoCal and would certainly not move for their jobs. It's just a small place with a total of six including me (running the place) and my wife.

We've done a bit of research. It basically comes down to the tremendous savings we'd enjoy. So no income taxes and saving a huge chunk of the annual child care expenses (before/after school care) alone make us ~ $6,500 richer each year. Add the prospect of renting a ~ 2000 sqft house for the same amount we spend here for a ~ 950 sqft apartment. What else do we need for a reason?

We're not very social people, hanging out at home much of the time or enjoying nature with doggy. Wifey has a little side business which she can conduct from any place in the country. I go out to the gym, lap swimming, or the shooting range (as soon as I get away from these freakin' Cali gun restriction laws). Things like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas