Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 01:24 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessey126 View Post
Thanks guys to everyone who chimed in here – I truly appreciate it…

Squishy506 – cheers for that – we are looking for a house though (since we have a dog)… Good to know that Vegas is dog friendly though – I like the sound of that…

NumberGuy – Yes, Green Valley does sound appealing with the amenities and gated areas. Commute could be a drag for hubby – have to really check that out. Mind you, if we move some place and it’s not ideal – at least we’re only ‘locked in’ for 12mths (hence, my wanting to rent first). I really like the sound of the Barkery J Whitney Ranch you mention sounds rather nice too – again, it depends on the commute (thank you though for the suggestions)…

Von – thank you! I seem to recall you mentioned this previously but it’s all very good info – especially since you actually work on Nellis.

Esas – Summerlin does sound lovely (bars and restaurants), and I note what you say about the commute to Nellis. Which part of Summerlin should I look at (in terms of ‘best’ commute time (for Summerlin)? Also, when is the 215 likely to be finished?

Ivoc – excellent info – thank you very much for that. Of course, in an ideal world, we’d have a decent commute ‘and’ the other ideals we’re looking for.

Hubby doesn’t seem too perturbed by the drive (having done this a lot in the past), but I don’t want him to be stuck with an iffy drive, if it can be helped.

Again, thank you guys very much – this is excellent info, really helpful and I appreciate your time very much J

Ivoc - I just read your last post. Oh dear - don't know if I want hubby to see that!!! But thank you...
above that one is ths one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 09:30 PM

400 posts, read 563,692 times
I recommend 89138, then 89144, then 89134 for zip codes. I'm in 89144 and my drive is 30 minutes with one stop light. For a direct route - it is Summerlin Parkway, 95S, I-15....then your choice of exits. Personally I avoid Craig and continue North to Speedway Blvd.

Good luck!

Old 02-19-2013, 10:00 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esas View Post
I recommend 89138, then 89144, then 89134 for zip codes. I'm in 89144 and my drive is 30 minutes with one stop light. For a direct route - it is Summerlin Parkway, 95S, I-15....then your choice of exits. Personally I avoid Craig and continue North to Speedway Blvd.

Good luck!
The 215 north guys beat you by more than 10 minutes. Maybe 15.

If they don't have to go down to Craig it is not a contest.

Actually they can come from as far around as Ann and 215 and still clean your clock..

Old 02-19-2013, 10:07 PM

400 posts, read 563,692 times
^^^Ok - you're right. Range road is never backed up all the way to 215. Live up North - I'm happy here.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:54 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,156,755 times
I cut the the raceway track also. It's not faster but has zero traffic along with some cool action and eye candy.

Action= metro cars doing their high speed chase training/exotic sports car racing

Eye candy= 6 figure sports cars/next years future model vehicles from Michigan.

Posted from Nokia 8210

Old 02-20-2013, 08:40 AM

88 posts, read 150,435 times
Thank you both Esas and Von very much for the info above...

Esas, I appreciate the zip codes for Summerlin, thank you!

Old 02-20-2013, 04:37 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Summerlin is also 89135 and a piece of 89128.

Most of the good dining around Summerlin is near not in. And Summerlin is not a place where you can walk anywhere...you drive.

It does offer opportunities to walk...but not to somewhere.

In general there are very few nice gated tracts where you can walk to anywhere useful. There are a couple of places in Summerlin, a few in Centennial Hills, and scattered around the rest of the town. But basically the requirement will limit you to less than 10% of the available housing.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:55 PM

88 posts, read 150,435 times
Thanks Ivoc, that is also helpful - good to know that most places are 'not' easy to walk to - regardless of where we end up.

Currently we've shortlisted our areas to Centennial Hills and Summerlin to check out further. Like I mentioned earlier, we'll be renting for a year or so to 'find out feet' in Vegas - both visited plenty times and hubby stayed there at lot - but we haven't actually 'lived' there...

Anyway, thanks everyone - you've been incredibly helpful and we truly appreciate it.

Can't wait to get there - I know Vegas has lots to offer (not just the Strip!!!) and lots of lovely people... Roll on April 15th!!! Yabadabadoo...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: