Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 06:54 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
So don't stereotype then!

As for those that DID...they were RIGHT!

There's a reason stereotypes happen...it's because enough of a certain type of person does the same thing that it becomes synonymous with that thing.

If the cars had fart pipes and obnoxious wings and colors....street racers!
4x4 with lift kit and big tires...redneck
BMW's.....coke deal

...get it? Probably not...but everyone else reading this does! It's called R E A L I T Y...

@ Diane....it's called READING COMPREHENSION.......I said the COMBINATION of the vehicles description gave us all a clue!

I'm surprised you focused on the Maseratti though. Is it because your point wouldn't have seemed so much a stretch if you said blacked out SUV with big rims?

Hey....you could've made an even bigger stretch by suggesting that I said every SILVER car....
I don't stereotype. You call your assumptions reality, others call it judgemental.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 06:55 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Does raise some interesting questions...

Would you not think it would take less than 6 business hours to locate every new black Range Rover SUV in the western US? I would think it would take about 20 minutes.

So is it possible to disguise ownership? Hold it in an LLC?

I don't doubt that one could hide an SUV...but a relatively rare SUV ownership[ should be locatable in minutes.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:57 PM

Isn't the rampant rumor saying that these shooters were from a gang in Florida?

Old 02-22-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeV View Post
That's the idea ... that any time there's a Maserati, it must be being driven by a gansta?
Actually I don't find either car of the stereotype indicated. Maserati are for those with too much money but not up to a Ferrari and Range Rovers go to western Los Angeles.

Oversized black rims might fit the indicated stereotype.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:02 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I don't stereotype. You call your assumptions reality, others call it judgemental.

Call it whatever you want....as long as people like you refuse to call it what it is and excuse this thug lifestyle things like this will continue!

Judgmental? YOU BETCHA! I'm standing up and saying this thug-life BS is harming society! It teaches kids that not only is it cool to be a criminal...it teaches them that it's the only way they'll get respect!

Dr. King and many others would be ashamed of what's become of the civil rights movement...again, this isn't just a black thing...it's a youth thing.

No one is willing to show these kids the way...the ones that are willing are called names and are quieted by people like you in the name of PC...not hurting anyone's feelings!

Look what happens with liberalism! If you accept everything ANYTHING can happen!

Then you cry and want to blame everyone but yourselves...for ALLOWING this behavior!

It's not CUTE...It's dangerous!

Old 02-22-2013, 07:04 PM

Default And the really strange thing ...

It seems clear this is another addition to the Las Vegas mystique.

I am sad for those who lost love ones...I mean in a cab on the strip and you get offed?

But damn - It is clearly turning into another strip myth.

Go see where the rapper got it...

Westiejeff nailed it back aways...Tupac...yet again.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Call it whatever you want....as long as people like you refuse to call it what it is and excuse this thug lifestyle things like this will continue!

Judgmental? YOU BETCHA! I'm standing up and saying this thug-life BS is harming society! It teaches kids that not only is it cool to be a criminal...it teaches them that it's the only way they'll get respect!

Dr. King and many others would be ashamed of what's become of the civil rights movement...again, this isn't just a black thing...it's a youth thing.

No one is willing to show these kids the way...the ones that are willing are called names and are quieted by people like you in the name of PC...not hurting anyone's feelings!

Look what happens with liberalism! If you accept everything ANYTHING can happen!

Then you cry and want to blame everyone but yourselves...for ALLOWING this behavior!

It's not CUTE...It's dangerous!
I wouldn't want your karma. You use phrases such as "people like you"........seriously? Rock on angry person.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
It seems clear this is another addition to the Las Vegas mystique.

I am sad for those who lost love ones...I mean in a cab on the strip and you get offed?

But damn - It is clearly turning into another strip myth.

Go see where the rapper got it...

Westiejeff nailed it back aways...Tupac...yet again.
One day will be our last day. We don't get to choose.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
One day will be our last day. We don't get to choose.
I would rather a "Rockefeller" than back of a cab on the strip...

Is it different if you are a "rapper"?

Old 02-22-2013, 07:12 PM

Cyborg, I am not a liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: