Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 07:21 PM

15,821 posts, read 14,460,687 times

Advertisements

Also if you're looking to build a career in the technology business, Vegas is not the place to do it. There are a lot of cities where you could more easily break into tech companies than Vegas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
There was recently a line of 200 people vying for the chance at 12 positions at McDonald's.

It is possible to be hired from out of state directly into a decent job in Las Vegas. There are people who post here who have done it. For most people, though, it is a question of knowing people and networking your way in. Or having the skills that Las Vegas is looking for. A great line cook can make a phone call and get a $20/hr job tomorrow in Las Vegas. But you'll need a specific skill set for that kind of easy job search.

The sorts of questions you're asking tell me that you haven't done ANY research on your own. When you start asking better questions, you'll start getting better answers. Right know your questions smack of, "Please do all my research for for me."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 12:37 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,488,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technologyking View Post
BBMW

I appreciate you actually answering my questions without the flaming. I currently reside in LI. I do have a car, I drive a Landrover discovery. But I was planning on selling it because it's a V8 and only takes premium gas. Driving cross country in that thing would suck money out of me faster than a "gold digger addicted to crack"... I get what you're saying as far as the infrastructure of LV. So I'll def need a car, right! I was planning to move with @ least $5000 in my pocket and figured I could at least work at BurgerKing. I mean workers come and go at those types of businesses regardless of location so being a newbie I thought wouldn't Hirt my chances. Im living off min wage in NYC already so I figure my money would stretch over there until I found something within my field.

Hmmm...you've def given me something to think about. Hopefully I'll get more replies from locals. Actual replies and not rude comments.

^^Plenty of those kind of people here too and addicted to gambling!

Old 02-25-2013, 07:21 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,391,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technologyking View Post
BBMW

I appreciate you actually answering my questions without the flaming. I currently reside in LI. I do have a car, I drive a Landrover discovery. But I was planning on selling it because it's a V8 and only takes premium gas. Driving cross country in that thing would suck money out of me faster than a "gold digger addicted to crack"... I get what you're saying as far as the infrastructure of LV. So I'll def need a car, right! I was planning to move with @ least $5000 in my pocket and figured I could at least work at BurgerKing. I mean workers come and go at those types of businesses regardless of location so being a newbie I thought wouldn't Hirt my chances. Im living off min wage in NYC already so I figure my money would stretch over there until I found something within my field.

Hmmm...you've def given me something to think about. Hopefully I'll get more replies from locals. Actual replies and not rude comments.
The fact is, the rules here DO direct people thinking of relocating to a particular place to read the existing forum threads before asking questions. Doing that helps to focus your questions on more specific issues that remain unanswered after you've read (you can use the search function to look for information on specific topics). People here have a lot of information to offer, but answering the same general questions repeatedly does ruffle some feathers.

Last edited by observer53; 02-25-2013 at 12:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: