Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 08:35 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
6 properties that avg. $700/month, I pay out HOA of around $170 avg. per property...TJ's said many times it's much wiser to rent than to invest in RE...I strongly disagree.
Sorry - I missed the [Sarcasm] tag. My fault - obvious in hindsight.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:06 PM

261 posts, read 422,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
There is no way that the Fed can lose this discussion. Their source of dollars is effectively infinite. That is in fact the only thing they can still do successfully.

Your view is very different from the normal doomsayer who projects hyper-inflation. I much prefer your vision as Bernanke can prevent that virtually forever.

If you are correct we can expect this rise to continue for many years.

So anyone who finds your thoughts appealing should buy now and ride it up.
They could lose it. But not from hyper-inflation. Hyperinflation is almost impossible when you are the world reserve currency. (Sure, everyone could dump the dollar and price oil, etc in another currency.) What currency would that be? The yen? Please, the Japanese are in much worse fiscal shape than we are. The euro? Not as long as they are carrying around the PIIGs around their neck.) The Fed is trying to spur inflation but it won't turn in U.S. dollar hyperinflation because when prices start to rise they will hit demand. That's right, if prices rise that takes money out of the pockets of Americans. The 2008 recession didn't really start to hurt until oil headed over $120/barrel. Of course, this is how the Fed can lose it, also.

Even with the Fed buying $80 billion of treasuries, MBS, etc per month they still need the market, including foreign buyers, to participate in our auctions and holding our stocks. If they decide cash is safer then we get another stock and bond market crash.

We have been through two huge bubbles in the past 15+ years. By now even the dummies aren't going to wait too long to dump stocks even if the Fed is trying to bar the door out of the markets.

Also, this is why I think deflation wins over hyperinflation. In the end, the Fed is out of tools to stop the next financial crisis.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:16 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbill618 View Post
They could lose it. But not from hyper-inflation. Hyperinflation is almost impossible when you are the world reserve currency. (Sure, everyone could dump the dollar and price oil, etc in another currency.) What currency would that be? The yen? Please, the Japanese are in much worse fiscal shape than we are. The euro? Not as long as they are carrying around the PIIGs around their neck.) The Fed is trying to spur inflation but it won't turn in U.S. dollar hyperinflation because when prices start to rise they will hit demand. That's right, if prices rise that takes money out of the pockets of Americans. The 2008 recession didn't really start to hurt until oil headed over $120/barrel. Of course, this is how the Fed can lose it, also.

Even with the Fed buying $80 billion of treasuries, MBS, etc per month they still need the market, including foreign buyers, to participate in our auctions and holding our stocks. If they decide cash is safer then we get another stock and bond market crash.

We have been through two huge bubbles in the past 15+ years. By now even the dummies aren't going to wait too long to dump stocks even if the Fed is trying to bar the door out of the markets.

Also, this is why I think deflation wins over hyperinflation. In the end, the Fed is out of tools to stop the next financial crisis.
Feds can stop deflation virtually forever. The printing press is mightier than a bad economy.

I see nothing that ever stops them. They are buying not selling.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:29 PM

261 posts, read 422,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Feds can stop deflation virtually forever. The printing press is mightier than a bad economy.

I see nothing that ever stops them. They are buying not selling.
Then why did the internet stock or housing bubbles pop in the first place? Deflation is just the after effect of a bursting asset bubble.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:33 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
There's already a whole large thread on the LV housing market. This one is turning into a discussion of broader issues not specifically related to LV. Take the general discussion to the general forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas