Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 06:47 PM

278 posts, read 1,083,842 times

Advertisements

OK, I have this neighbor behind me who is a breeder and she has these dogs that some days never shut up. Our other neighbor has been complaining for years and the most that gets done is the lady gets a letter and shuts them up for a while. Then she gets lazy and it all starts up again. Our neighbor gave us the number for animal control, so I just called and believe it or not they would not let me make a complaint because someone else complained 2 days ago. What the !!!! What kind of stupid rule is this? I would understand that the same person cannot complain so many days in a row, but telling me I have to wait 10 days before I can file a complaint, give me a break. We were told this is policy and there was nothing we could do about it. Any opinions on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 07:06 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,710,395 times
That sucks! people are so inconsiderate!

Old 10-27-2007, 07:11 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,192,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOHR View Post
OK, I have this neighbor behind me who is a breeder and she has these dogs that some days never shut up. Our other neighbor has been complaining for years and the most that gets done is the lady gets a letter and shuts them up for a while. Then she gets lazy and it all starts up again. Our neighbor gave us the number for animal control, so I just called and believe it or not they would not let me make a complaint because someone else complained 2 days ago. What the !!!! What kind of stupid rule is this? I would understand that the same person cannot complain so many days in a row, but telling me I have to wait 10 days before I can file a complaint, give me a break. We were told this is policy and there was nothing we could do about it. Any opinions on this?
Where...which government. You always go to the local Councilman or Commissioner. Many have staff very good at fixing this stuff. Otherwise chase your representative. You should not have to take this from staff.

Note that practically some staffs like animal control may have a 7 or 8 day baclog of complaints..so it may turn out the 10 days is practical not administrative. They don't want a second until they get to first.

Old 10-27-2007, 07:14 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,103,724 times
I would write a carefully worded complaint to my Commissioner or Councilman.....SCREAMING MY BLOODY HEAD OFF.

Old 10-27-2007, 07:26 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,192,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I would write a carefully worded complaint to my Commissioner or Councilman.....SCREAMING MY BLOODY HEAD OFF.
Yup then tree the SOB at the next town meeting. They love that.

Old 10-27-2007, 07:35 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,373,754 times
Quote:
OK, I have this neighbor behind me who is a breeder and she has these dogs that some days never shut up. Our other neighbor has been complaining for years and the most that gets done is the lady gets a letter and shuts them up for a while. Then she gets lazy and it all starts up again. Our neighbor gave us the number for animal control, so I just called and believe it or not they would not let me make a complaint because someone else complained 2 days ago. What the !!!! What kind of stupid rule is this? I would understand that the same person cannot complain so many days in a row, but telling me I have to wait 10 days before I can file a complaint, give me a break. We were told this is policy and there was nothing we could do about it. Any opinions on this?:
A few Palmolive sandwiches over the back fence every day for a week or so may solve your problem (not that I'd condone such behavior...........)

Old 10-27-2007, 10:19 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,331,610 times
Where was animal control when this happened: Las Vegas Now - Breaking News, Local News, Weather, Traffic, Streaming Video, Classifieds, Blogs - Police Kill Bobcat in Summerlin Neighborhood

Old 10-27-2007, 11:09 PM

359 posts, read 1,407,445 times
i know how that feels. we had neighbors in socal who raised chickens about 30 of them. and they all crow at 5 in the morning or when the sun comes up. hella annoying. we complained and nothing happened. so what we did is join them ! lol we got into breeding roosters after that. ( no not for fighting. its illegal) also, to be considerate, we bought land down in sunland to raise the roosters where houses are quite far away. no one complains and everyones happy. but i guess dogs are a different thing. i love my dogs, but i wouldnt want that many. gl on your problem !

Old 10-28-2007, 12:00 PM

216 posts, read 829,545 times
Quote:
Since this person is behind you, is it possible for you to see into her yard and see the dogs? You may have grounds for a different complaint, if you see that the dogs are not being cared for properly. Are they outside 24/7? Are they chained? Is there food, water & shelter?

Animal Control has ALOT to deal with, I would imagine that a barking complaint is low priority esp. if they are already scheduled to go out to that property.

If AC finds that there is grounds for removal, they will take the dogs & bring them to the shelter. Just be aware of that (of course, with the way some people "care" for their dogs that's not always a bad thing )

Old 10-28-2007, 12:21 PM

278 posts, read 1,083,842 times
What makes me the most mad is not being able to post a complaint. I even said that they did not need to send another letter. Just take my info and add it to the complaint list. I don't care if I'm just a blip on the computer screen. Obviously there is a problem when more than one person is complaining.

These dogs are kept in the garage and have access to the backyard all day. I can only see the dogs when they walk around the pool area. They look like nice enough dogs, but they do not get enough human interaction. I am sure they are taken care of, I personally think that the neighbor just doesn't care about the noise problem her side business is creating. We are always careful to keep our dog from annoying the neighbors and also our children. She can keep her dogs, just keep them from barking for an extended period of time. I know she has a way to shut them up, because when they all start to howl around 5 in the morning, they all shut up at the exact same time. Maybe she shocks them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas