Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 07:56 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,489,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
This is what I read:

"20.5 percent of Clark County households made between $50,000 and $74,999." Doesn't that mean that the remaining 79.5% are either below that or above that? I'm assuming the larger percentage would be below.
Wages in Clark County are low to begin with and got even lower during the recession especially for those not in the union.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 08:15 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,781,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Wages in Clark County are low to begin with and got even lower during the recession especially for those not in the union.
I'm kind of in a bubble in that regard, bringing my job with me.. but I hire a lot of union guys in town, so I guess I'm helping!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:49 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Average wages have never been low in Clark County.

Mostly because Culinary establishes a base that everyone else meets.

Been true for years and remains true.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Average wages have never been low in Clark County.

Mostly because Culinary establishes a base that everyone else meets.

Been true for years and remains true.
HHEEELLLOOOOOO anyone there, could you please comprehend my post before you make a rebuttal!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 09:48 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
HHEEELLLOOOOOO anyone there, could you please comprehend my post before you make a rebuttal!!!
Comprehending the incomprehensible is challenging.

But please elucidate...might even be entertaining.

Start with...

"Wages in Clark County are low to begin with "

And we will go from there...

Old 04-04-2013, 10:21 PM

^^^^Union wages vary from company to company and bargaining agreement of union to union with employers and it varies by state to state because of the difference in the cost of living.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:10 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,542,867 times
This is cause for worry:

Utah rejects water deal with Nevada | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Quote:
Utah rejects water deal with Nevada

BY HENRY BREAN
Las Vegas Review Journal
April 4, 2013

In a move that could trigger a water war, Utah Gov. Gary Herbert said his state will not sign an agreement with Nevada over how to share a vast groundwater basin targeted by thirsty Las Vegas.

The Snake Valley water agreement was struck in August 2009 after four years of private talks among representatives from the two states. Nevada officials quickly signed off on the finished document, but their counterparts in Utah never did.
Herbert announced Wednesday that the deal is as good as dead.

“My decision was made as I visited with the good people who live in Western Utah — those most affected by the outcomes,” the Republican governor said in a statement. “A majority of local residents do not support the agreement with Nevada. Therefore, I cannot in good conscience sign the agreement because I won’t impose a solution on those most impacted that they themselves cannot support.”
This is why I said "sustainable growth". I love Las Vegas! Always have and always will...but the idea of over 2 million people clustered together in a desert valley isn't good for the long run.

Las Vegas needs to find a way to stabilize its population. Resources aren't infinite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: