U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2013, 11:20 AM

244 posts, read 286,379 times

Advertisements

The manipulation in Las Vegas Real Estate appears to be a significant enough issue that even the perpetrators are beginning to complain...

Artificial Market Manipulation Won't Fix Las Vegas Real Estate IssuesG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 11:50 AM

2,132 posts, read 2,199,140 times
Undated and unknown author, ridiculous. Oh, there's a date in the URL itself, still ridiculous.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:43 PM

26,978 posts, read 38,236,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVicsezhowdy View Post
The manipulation in Las Vegas Real Estate appears to be a significant enough issue that even the perpetrators are beginning to complain...

What I got when I clicked the link in this post.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:53 PM

244 posts, read 286,379 times
The website belongs to the owner of #1 Independently Owned Real Estate Company in Southern Nevada!

No issues with the site, it's totally legit.

Last edited by observer53; 05-03-2013 at 03:22 PM..

Old 05-03-2013, 02:50 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,176,275 times
Quote:
The website belongs to the owner of #1 Independently Owned Real Estate Company in Southern Nevada!

No issues with the site, it's totally legit.
Gavish is #1 only if he gets to define "Independently owned Real Estate Co"

He is actually two 25 person offices which is a rather small RE Op..

He is not a pfishing site unless he has been hijacked. I went there without problems.

He is also ranting about mortgage eminent domain. That is not likely to happen and would do little if it did.

Last edited by observer53; 05-03-2013 at 03:22 PM..

Old 05-06-2013, 03:18 AM

59 posts, read 79,963 times
Quote:

Inventory is being heavily manipulated and managed by the banks. Despite what the local group of
HOA homeowners and the local real estate agent tells you here Las Vegas is a market full of non performing loans. If you don't believe me you can track it on Zillow.
Currently we have around 9700 single family pre markets (foreclosed and in pre-foreclosure but held off the market) versus 5866 listings. Of the 5866 listings more than half are going to be short sales or people who bought at the bubble top and are trying to get out from under their loan. That is NOT a sign of a healthy market.

Avoid RE. The cash buyers are a lot of foreign money and big money speculators who normally wouldn't consider RE but cannot find any other alternative.
Any market that is so depended on artificial stimulus is an accident waiting to happen.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:08 AM

518 posts, read 597,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader Joe99 View Post
Inventory is being heavily manipulated and managed by the banks. Despite what the local group of
HOA homeowners and the local real estate agent tells you here Las Vegas is a market full of non performing loans. If you don't believe me you can track it on Zillow.
Currently we have around 9700 single family pre markets (foreclosed and in pre-foreclosure but held off the market) versus 5866 listings. Of the 5866 listings more than half are going to be short sales or people who bought at the bubble top and are trying to get out from under their loan. That is NOT a sign of a healthy market.

Avoid RE. The cash buyers are a lot of foreign money and big money speculators who normally wouldn't consider RE but cannot find any other alternative.
Any market that is so depended on artificial stimulus is an accident waiting to happen.
No doubt about, real estate is being manipulated here in Las Vegas and around the Country.

But

OPEC manipulates oil
De Beers manipulates diamonds
The Government manipulates Wall st
and the list goes on and on

When you say to avoid Real Estate , what is it you are really saying ? I have asked numerous times what is a family with children to do if they want to establish roots with in the community they choose to live. I can tell you moving a child around numerous times will have a negative effect on children and the entire family.

I hear what you are saying about RE but you seem to be taking a one size fit all approach IMHO. I assume you are not a parent of a child, so it may seem an unusual request to look at from a parents eyes to purchase and lay down community roots.

Again I agree with your theory, but not the message you are sending. I hope you will be blessed one day with the miracle of your own child.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:11 AM

10,869 posts, read 13,675,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyliveonce View Post
Again I agree with your theory, but not the message you are sending. I hope you will be blessed one day with the miracle of your own child.
Even having children doesn't really matter. My wife can't have children. It's a shame, but that's how it is. Owning a house instead of renting makes my wife and I more productive citizens of our community.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:04 PM

518 posts, read 597,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Even having children doesn't really matter. My wife can't have children. It's a shame, but that's how it is. Owning a house instead of renting makes my wife and I more productive citizens of our community.
Of course you and your wife are more productive citizens in your community as you have a large financial stake ( your house ). I am lucky that where I live there is a large number of owner occupied and the few rentals that have been decent people. Here is an example to think about : Have ever noticed the condition of a RENTAL car vs an personnel owned car ? Which do you think will be BETTER maintained ? Which owner will have more pride ? BTW I am sorry about the children issue ,I am sue both you and your wife are very strong people.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:49 PM

140 posts, read 110,833 times
Better to have money in stocks than tied up in Re
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas