U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2013, 03:47 PM

10,869 posts, read 13,717,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminate7 View Post
Better to have money in stocks than tied up in Re
Because investing in things that are at record highs is a good idea when? Back in Oct. 2012 when gold was pushing up against the $2,000 oz barrier, people were writing that there was no limit how high it could go. Regarded financial gurus were postulating $5,000 per ounce gold. Google it. Google "$5,000 oz. gold" and you can read just how wrong these people were.

The DOW is at record levels. I NEVER buy things at record levels. I prefer to buy things that are on their way up. Like real estate in 2013.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 03:56 PM

207 posts, read 424,794 times
So the story goes...

The real stock market buckaroos are living in penthouses in NYC and driving Ferarris while the chump change real estate investors are pouring all their income and fortunes into the "American Dream" and sweating like pigs because they can't afford cold AC.

Yes, there is manipulation and the real manipulators are laughing all the way to the bank.

This ain't their first rodeo.

Congrats to those that see through the haze. Keep your money liquid and keep living the dream.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:59 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,904,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegarlic View Post
Congrats to those that see through the haze. Keep your money liquid and keep living the dream.
And congrats to those that have made a substantial amount investing in RE before the boom and most like after the crash.

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Old 05-20-2013, 10:01 AM

674 posts, read 758,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegarlic View Post
keep your money liquid and keep living the dream.
lol

Old 05-20-2013, 10:02 AM

674 posts, read 758,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laminate7 View Post
better to have money in stocks than tied up in re
lol

Old 06-08-2013, 06:30 PM

4,584 posts, read 6,180,524 times
When the common man becomes an expert on anythng the big money is already made and get ready for a down turn.. Nothing goes up forever..

Old 06-08-2013, 07:47 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,221,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVicsezhowdy View Post
“Prepare for the worst economic period ahead that we have seen in years"

Best Explanation on the Fake Housing Market Recovery I
The first time home buyer is missing in this market for an obvious reason - we won't let them buy anything. So there is no way to tell if they would carry the market or not. The only real hope of a first timer is that prices increase enough as to make investor buying impractical.(Well there is also HUD and Homepath - but small impact)

Note though that these buyers are there and will move in when the investors get priced out. This will tend to extend any runup for a long while...

The first timers will lose on the quality of house they get...but they wil, in the end, get a house.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:07 PM

Las Vegas is actually well under priced for its salary structure.

We can add another 30% or so before that becomes a problem.

I personally think we should fix the appraiser structure so appraisals reflect what a knowledgeable investor would pay...but we probably would need to get rid of thaqt in a few years to avoid over pricing properties when investor money moves elsewhere.

My issue is that we should not go out of our way not to screw the first time home buyer.

Last edited by observer53; 06-13-2013 at 07:08 AM.. Reason: quoted deleted post

Old 06-08-2013, 08:43 PM

244 posts, read 287,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Las Vegas is actually well under priced for its salary structure.

We can add another 30% or so before that becomes a problem.

I personally think we should fix the appraiser structure so appraisals reflect what a knowledgeable investor would pay...but we probably would need to get rid of thaqt in a few years to avoid over pricing properties when investor money moves elsewhere.

My issue is that we should not go out of our way not to screw the first time home buyer.

Those McMansions were grossly overpriced given the size of the lots. You know as well as I do, land is the value while the structure is a depreciating asset that requires capital input.

BTW, have you seen the bond market lately? When interest rates rise in earnest, then what?

Last edited by observer53; 06-13-2013 at 07:08 AM.. Reason: quoted post edited

Old 06-08-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVicsezhowdy View Post
Those McMansions were grossly overpriced given the size of the lots. You know as well as I do, land is the value while the structure is a depreciating asset that requires capital input.

BTW, have you seen the bond market lately? When interest rates rise in earnest, then what?
3/2 SFRs of 1100 SF are not McMansions.

And that is where the problem is. McMs are actually taking off. Weird world.

I would also note that all the half acre tracts abandoned in 2008 are again alive. In fill is going like mad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas