Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 12:56 AM

10,865 posts, read 16,942,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Looks like the view from my friend's house in the Sunrise Mtn area.
Only if they flipped the negative. The buildings are opposite what they should be if this was shot near me. Also, I cannot think of ANY vantage point in Las Vegas that has "layered" mountains like that.

My guess is that this was shot somewhere in the SW corner of Las Vegas, looking NE, with a little enhancement of the mountains. Probably somewhere around the Red Rock Canyon loop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 07:48 AM

120 posts, read 494,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Are you local?
No, but I go to Vegas about 5 times a year so I know my way around somewhat.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:51 AM

120 posts, read 494,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Only if they flipped the negative. The buildings are opposite what they should be if this was shot near me. Also, I cannot think of ANY vantage point in Las Vegas that has "layered" mountains like that.

My guess is that this was shot somewhere in the SW corner of Las Vegas, looking NE, with a little enhancement of the mountains. Probably somewhere around the Red Rock Canyon loop.
That's what I was thinking, however it doesn't look like it is too far out from the strip though in the photo I posted. Wouldn't Red Rock loop be a lot further out than the photo?

Old 04-12-2013, 08:57 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,903,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
stupid trivia;
the guy who plays "chow" was a Las Vegas Doctor
the Movie (h3) was filmed in Mohave, NV - in LV (6 mnths ago) and will feature Mike Tyson (again)

Jonathan
mike tyson was cut out of h3.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:26 AM

10,865 posts, read 16,942,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay By The Phone View Post
That's what I was thinking, however it doesn't look like it is too far out from the strip though in the photo I posted. Wouldn't Red Rock loop be a lot further out than the photo?
Looks like it was shot with a very long lens. Red Rock loop would be about right. Someone will eventually identify the location. I would tend to doubt it was a special effect. Production companies go through great lengths not to use effects if they can get away with it. It is considerably less expensive to shoot conventionally.

Although, I still can't get over those "layered" mountains. I've never seen anything like it in the valley. Could be some camera trickery. Like you, I'd like to see this location.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:31 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,802,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay By The Phone View Post
Hey everyone,

Just wondering where this location is, it is in the new Hangover trailer. It would be awesome to get a photo from that location, thanks.
Looking at the long shadows from the car it is late afternoon West side. The mountains do look enhanced and from the angle of the picture with the Wynn on the left that is the view you get from the west side of the valley. I live on the East side and see the Wynn everyday off of Desert Inn which is on my right driving towards the strip from DI. That would make the picture shot from the other side of the strip to have the Wynn on the left side of the picture (confused yet) so hopefully someone get the answer

Old 04-12-2013, 11:14 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,260,692 times
I imagine the location is on a sound stage in Hollywood in front of a green wall. I don't believe we actually have a location like that here. They have these things now called computers, and.......

Old 04-12-2013, 12:18 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,618,560 times
Desert Companion - Community: A view (without a room)

Old 04-12-2013, 06:55 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,802,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I imagine the location is on a sound stage in Hollywood in front of a green wall. I don't believe we actually have a location like that here. They have these things now called computers, and.......
I believe that green wall and etc amazing how they can do that. I saw a show on that how they do the effects only using a few people for mass scenes I believe they were showing how they were doing the battle scene from Custer Last Stand. Only a few actors and presto they have a bunch of them same way with the Indians funny how tickets prices go up to see movies and they cut cost this way

Old 04-13-2013, 11:02 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,523,960 times
I'd have to say that is CGI or a constructed scene. looks like they shot the rails of red rock.

also... if it is a real scene, it may be distorted by using a long focal length lens that makes the back ground appear closer than it would normally while maintaining the foreground aspects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas