Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 09:05 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times

Advertisements

Sorry, tokers, you won't be smoking legal marijuana this year or next at least, sponsor of the bill, Joe Hogan, said he was told that our liberal Governor would veto the bill! And, on top of that, the police spoke out against it! So why even try!!!

And doesn't the Governor symbolize our Las Vegas oligarchs, who probably told him: You don't veto this bill, which will cut into our profits, and you ain't gettin' a red dime from us for your next election?

Bigger surprise! Assembly Taxation Committee approved Assembly bill 496 that would authorize the Clark County Commission to levy a 0.15 percentage point increase in the sales tax rate in the county to be used by police departments to hire more cops.

Now admit it!!! Nevada/Las Vegas will always provide you with surprises, big and small!!!

Fine and dandy! The rest of the country is already embarrassing this liberal state/city and more embarrassment is on the way in the next national elections! My guess: at least a dozen other states will legalize marijuana before a bill even lands on the Governor's desk, for his veto!!!

No light rail, not even from Fremont St. to the Airport, yet another embarrassment!!!

Comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 09:09 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
There is a LOT of money for certain people in the war on drugs and unless said people make more with legalizing drugs it wont happen.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Old 04-13-2013, 10:05 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Sorry, tokers, you won't be smoking legal marijuana this year or next at least, sponsor of the bill, Joe Hogan, said he was told that our liberal Governor would veto the bill! And, on top of that, the police spoke out against it! So why even try!!!

And doesn't the Governor symbolize our Las Vegas oligarchs, who probably told him: You don't veto this bill, which will cut into our profits, and you ain't gettin' a red dime from us for your next election?

Bigger surprise! Assembly Taxation Committee approved Assembly bill 496 that would authorize the Clark County Commission to levy a 0.15 percentage point increase in the sales tax rate in the county to be used by police departments to hire more cops.

Now admit it!!! Nevada/Las Vegas will always provide you with surprises, big and small!!!

Fine and dandy! The rest of the country is already embarrassing this liberal state/city and more embarrassment is on the way in the next national elections! My guess: at least a dozen other states will legalize marijuana before a bill even lands on the Governor's desk, for his veto!!!

No light rail, not even from Fremont St. to the Airport, yet another embarrassment!!!

Comments?
the light rail won't happen from Fremont to the Airport or Anywhere to the airport.. not with the taxi authority.

Even the states that legalize marijuana, you can't get it legally anyway. Colorado, you can't buy it and you can't sell it... so how do you get it? Sorry, but i'm against it anyway!

Old 04-13-2013, 10:17 AM

629 posts, read 1,175,280 times
At least the medical marijuana dispensary bill got put through for a final vote

Every state that has had a successful push for decriminalization has started with a healthy, functional medical marijuana system, so hopefully Nevada will follow the same path...eventually?

Old 04-13-2013, 10:54 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,811,445 times
Yeah - what's important is these bills came up for serious consideration. That's a BIG step towards legalizing marijuana. It's an incremental process.

I say legalize it and tax the heck out of it.

Bill

Old 04-13-2013, 10:57 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,536,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

Comments?

I don't know why you say that. It is NOT ILLEGAL to smoke medical marijuana in Nevada... it is only illegal to purchase medical marijuana in Nevada.

true story

Old 04-13-2013, 11:17 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,156,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
the light rail won't happen from Fremont to the Airport or Anywhere to the airport.. not with the taxi authority.

Even the states that legalize marijuana, you can't get it legally anyway. Colorado, you can't buy it and you can't sell it... so how do you get it? Sorry, but i'm against it anyway!
They can grow it right?

Motorola DynaTAC 8000x

Old 04-13-2013, 11:38 AM

629 posts, read 1,175,280 times
P.S. there are tons of dispensaries in Colorado - they're well-regulated by the state.

What hasn't been determined yet is how the recreational users that just voted decriminalization into law will get theirs. I believe they have 1 year from the passage of the law to establish a framework

Old 04-13-2013, 11:57 AM

20 posts, read 107,095 times
I remember living in Nevada and it being on the ballots not once but twice and both times it got shot down. The 2nd time however the voting was closer then expected.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:12 PM

557 posts, read 793,450 times
Federal and State laws are in conflict on this issue. I think the feds win this issue down the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas