U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 06:45 AM

762 posts, read 1,347,063 times

Advertisements

Lunch special at Pin Kaow yesterday 9.99 Red Curry with Scallops level 9 on spicy to die for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 09:31 AM

13,477 posts, read 9,597,589 times
Pin Kaow has nice lunch specials. ^^

I really enjoyed Archis, and thank everyone for the suggestions. I hope to try the other places mentioned as well.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:23 PM

2,031 posts, read 1,506,307 times
How about Basil 'n Lime on Ft. Apache just off Spring Mountain? Or... Aranya Thai Bistro off of Flamingo and Grand Canyon? I don't think either of them get enough credit. Both very good Thai places.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:40 AM

2,440 posts, read 2,500,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
How about Basil 'n Lime on Ft. Apache just off Spring Mountain? Or... Aranya Thai Bistro off of Flamingo and Grand Canyon? I don't think either of them get enough credit. Both very good Thai places.

Basil N Lime is good too, not as popular as Archi's. Both Basil and Aranya are in Spring Valley, love my community.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:57 AM

2,440 posts, read 2,500,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Pin Kaow has nice lunch specials. ^^

I really enjoyed Archis, and thank everyone for the suggestions. I hope to try the other places mentioned as well.
If you don't mind me asking, what did you order @ Archi's? I like Panang (thick Curry/Coconut sauce), my friend loves Ginger Ginger. Their Beef Salad is good as well. One order of their dinner entree is enough for at least 2 adults. Nice size portion at affordable prices.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:19 AM

13,477 posts, read 9,597,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what did you order @ Archi's? I like Panang (thick Curry/Coconut sauce), my friend loves Ginger Ginger. Their Beef Salad is good as well. One order of their dinner entree is enough for at least 2 adults. Nice size portion at affordable prices.
I played it safe and ordered the Pad Thai, though I was eyeballing the Panang curry dish. One of my dinner companions got Pad Thai as well- we should have just shared it as neither of us ate a quarter of our dishes. Huge portions. Good thing I have a son who will happily gobble all leftovers.

One of my other companions got soup, and a pork dish with white rice. It was a nice dinner. They had Hofbrauhaus hefeweizen (German wheat beer) which was unusual, and welcome.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:13 AM

1,374 posts, read 2,566,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I played it safe and ordered the Pad Thai
I've found that Pad Thai is a good measure of how everything else is going to taste. If the Pad Thai is mediocre everything else will be as well.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:30 AM

8,671 posts, read 8,854,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post
I've found that Pad Thai is a good measure of how everything else is going to taste. If the Pad Thai is mediocre everything else will be as well.
I find the opposite to be true. I do like Pad Thai, but it's so basic that I feel it's hard to mess up. I try drunken noodles or rad-nah if I want a noodle dish or something like ka-phrao if I want stir fry. I am also very picky about spring rolls, so that will give me a good indication on how good a place is.

Of course I am going to have to get Thai food for dinner tonight now!

Old 04-19-2013, 10:42 AM

1,374 posts, read 2,566,873 times
Most Thai dishes are super simple especially the curry based ones. There's probably the same or a greater number of ingredients in Pad Thai than the noodle dishes you mentioned. Of course I love Pad Thai and there's a lot of flavorless, bland dishes being served out there.

Another super easy one is Tom Kah Gai. With the ingredients from an asian market - especially oyster mushrooms that I cant seem to find elsewhere - you can make that in about 10 minutes. There is absolutely no difference from what you're getting in a restaurant.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:46 AM

8,671 posts, read 8,854,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post
Most Thai dishes are super simple especially the curry based ones. There's probably the same or a greater number of ingredients in Pad Thai than the noodle dishes you mentioned. Of course I love Pad Thai and there's a lot of flavorless, bland dishes being served out there.

Another super easy one is Tom Kah Gai. With the ingredients from an asian market - especially oyster mushrooms that I cant seem to find elsewhere - you can make that in about 10 minutes. There is absolutely no difference from what you're getting in a restaurant.
IME Pad Thai tastes the same almost anywhere I have tried it, but the other dishes seem to vary. Pad Thai is a safe bet if you are unsure of the rest of the menu as it is usually the same everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas