U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 08:28 PM

419 posts, read 752,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
A good friend of mine lives in Texas and is a GIGANTIC Stevie Ray Vaughn fan. He always planned to see SRV live sometime. Until the helicopter crash, of course.

See them while you can.
This is so true. I was planning to see George Carlin about 4 years ago at the Orleans. At the last minute I ended up not going. ...and he dies a week later.

These older legends won't be around forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 10:01 PM

1,808 posts, read 3,270,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
You forgot Gordon Lightfoot's name because you're Jenna Jameson?
You made go back a page to see if JJ had a profile picture.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:41 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,507,444 times
I should take advantage of the half off offer for locals but I have not, still have not seen a single Cirque show but I love the Blue Man Group. Time for me to check it out again since they have change location and I'm sure the show has improved or changed a bit. I have seen Tap Dogs many years ago which was actually good. I would like to see Recycled Percussion one of these days.

As far as concerts, I have seen quite a bit in my years of residence here.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:49 AM

586 posts, read 769,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerby View Post
Just wondered, since there are so many live entertainment shows here in town,
how often do you go? And from what I know, many venues offer discounts to
locals, true?...
The shows are too expensive for me these days even with a local discount. When my family and I first moved out here we saw the light show at Sam's Town and a couple of the other free outside shows like the volcano at the Mirage. Not much else though. I wish I could go see some shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
i've been here for 4 years... the 1st year, we saw alot of free shows through shows4locals.... about the 3rd year, the free "good" shows disappeared.... so in the last year, i've seen 1 show, Peepshow (which I paid for)... it was ok.... I don't have any interest in any of the Cirque shows. I've seen a couple concerts though...
You saw Peepshow? I wanted to see that. Mainly because it looked fun and I wanted to meet...well...the star. I read reviews about it. People say that she didn't do much but I really don't care. I heard it supposed to be that way. She was supposed to be a teaser throughout the show. I also heard mixed things about the meet and greets. Excuse me while I calm down before I hyperventilate.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:37 AM

8,682 posts, read 8,877,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerby View Post
This is so true. I was planning to see George Carlin about 4 years ago at the Orleans. At the last minute I ended up not going. ...and he dies a week later.

These older legends won't be around forever.
I saw George live in the late 90s. I am so glad I did.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:56 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,105,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I saw George live in the late 90s. I am so glad I did.
I saw Carlin live 2 times.

One in 89 in Anaheim - That was just the worst show ever. And yes I was / am a huge fan. He just outright was not funny. The guy that opened up for him was freakin hilarious, but Carlin, I might have chuckled 2 or 3 times. TERRIBLE!

Saw him again in 95 or 96 at the MGM - Much funnier but it was the same show as what was currently playing on HBO that I had seen just a few weeks before. So while funny, I knew all the punch lines ahead of time. Sorta takes the bite out of a comedy show. Same guy opened for him as in 89 and he was still funny. Maybe he was G.C.'s permanent opening act. Guy played parody songs on his guitar.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:38 PM

16,499 posts, read 20,049,343 times
I've gotten hooked on Tribute groups, like the ones that have come to LVH, but that's about it! Will not go to any concert venue with more than 1000 seats. Never been to a Cirque show.

Given my limited income, I usually save every extra dime to get out of town!

Old 04-25-2013, 10:43 AM

629 posts, read 982,410 times
Divas is a great show, and often free for locals! Yes, they are lip-synching, but they are great performers nonetheless.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas