Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 06:37 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Saw Jersey Boys twice because it is great. Going to see the Beach Boys in 2 weeks as it is comped but seriously, cannot afford to see most of the ones I want to see. Some of the great ones can set you back up to a thousand a couple (Streisand). On my hope to see list is Michael Buble and Elton John. Whenever I think of Elton John, I remember going down in an elevator at Caesar's where I had been lounging at the pool with my daughter and sil, who do not like to "rough" it at Mom's house. Riding down in the elevator with me, was an out of town couple and the walls of the elevator were plastered with ads to see him while at Caesars. The wife started teasing her husband and I couldn't help overhear, "Oh honey, can we please go see John Elton?"

Also had to go see a Canadian folk song like singer, famous name I forget, because my sig. other grew up with him in Ontario. He plays at Aliante most years and put on a terrible show.
I saw Elton with Billy Joel here in LV during the Piano Man tour. Best. Show. Ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 08:31 PM

204 posts, read 318,932 times
No big shows (Celine, Cirque), but plenty of boxing and concerts and bands playing. I keep all of my ticket stubs. I went to 72 events last year. I'm close to 20 already for this year.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:19 AM

419 posts, read 907,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1320 View Post
No big shows (Celine, Cirque), but plenty of boxing and concerts and bands playing. I keep all of my ticket stubs. I went to 72 events last year. I'm close to 20 already for this year.
I really should have said 'all events' in my first post, including concerts, matches, plays(?) etc....not just shows.

Man, Nitro, that is some heavy attendance!

Old 04-21-2013, 10:58 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,808,160 times
A few times a year. I take family when they visit.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:52 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Saw Jersey Boys twice because it is great. Going to see the Beach Boys in 2 weeks as it is comped but seriously, cannot afford to see most of the ones I want to see. Some of the great ones can set you back up to a thousand a couple (Streisand). On my hope to see list is Michael Buble and Elton John. Whenever I think of Elton John, I remember going down in an elevator at Caesar's where I had been lounging at the pool with my daughter and sil, who do not like to "rough" it at Mom's house. Riding down in the elevator with me, was an out of town couple and the walls of the elevator were plastered with ads to see him while at Caesars. The wife started teasing her husband and I couldn't help overhear, "Oh honey, can we please go see John Elton?"

Also had to go see a Canadian folk song like singer, famous name I forget, because my sig. other grew up with him in Ontario. He plays at Aliante most years and put on a terrible show.
If that was Gordon Lightfoot, I'd be interested in knowing what other terrible shows you've been to so I can add them to my must see list.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:35 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,992,760 times
Quote:
Also had to go see a Canadian folk song like singer, famous name I forget, because my sig.

You forgot Gordon Lightfoot's name because you're Jenna Jameson?

Old 04-22-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1320 View Post
This used to be me, too. Some years I'd see 100 concerts. Then I decided to switch to fine dining. Now, I'm always at work on Friday and Saturday night. I wanted to buy tickets to see the Stones and call in sick on May 11. But I decided against it because: a) Decent tickets are $600; b) They're around 250 years old; and c) My wife had no interest.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:44 PM

629 posts, read 1,175,280 times
Most of the Cirque Shows are available for free just by playing MGM's MyVegas game on Facebook. They also have Terry Fator, Criss Angel, etc. There used to be a lot more stuff on there but lately they are punishing locals by offering much less to them vs people from out of town

Old 04-22-2013, 06:13 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz420 View Post
Most of the Cirque Shows are available for free just by playing MGM's MyVegas game on Facebook. They also have Terry Fator, Criss Angel, etc. There used to be a lot more stuff on there but lately they are punishing locals by offering much less to them vs people from out of town
You couldn't pay me to see Chris Angel's show. I'd rather get a root canal.

I enjoyed Blue Man Group and I wish I had seen Avenue Q when it was at the Wynn. I also regret not seeing Siegfried and Roy before the fateful tiger attack. I guess I figured I'd get around to it, but that didn't happen.

I saw Jersey Boys not too long ago. It was well produced, but the music was a little before my time and the show was rather long. I have no interest in Cirque. I've twice been offered the chance to see Cirque's "Love" on someone else's dime and said no thanks.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:23 PM

A good friend of mine lives in Texas and is a GIGANTIC Stevie Ray Vaughn fan. He always planned to see SRV live sometime. Until the helicopter crash, of course.

See them while you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas