U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 02:05 PM

5,314 posts, read 5,977,775 times

Advertisements

In the event we go over our initially quoted linear feet, the charge is only $107/ft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 02:18 PM

158 posts, read 200,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
You would be very surprised how much room 13x8x9 truly is. I am staging everything in our garage that has a 9' ceiling so we know the exact amount of space to fill. Granted, we sold the living room and dining room furniture and all cars but 1, so it's probably a bit easier for us. We have 200+ boxes packed so far and have taken up about 4 1/2 linear feet. The trick is a stepladder and going all the way to the ceiling. We also bought same-sized boxes which helped utilize the space. Our standard size box is 16x11x7. So 6 boxes wide x 15 boxes tall (90 boxes) takes up 11 linear inches. We then have 18" cubes for the larger items. We make a wall of those with 5 boxes wide x 6 boxes tall (30 boxes). So 120 boxes takes up less than 2 linear feet. It's like a big Tetris puzzle
That's a good idea with the massive Tetris game, maybe I can assign the husband to figure it out for us - he's better at spatial stuff like that than me. Sadly we don't have that kind of space to stage, and possibly more furniture - a 5 piece queen sized bedroom set, 6 bookshelves, entertainment center, couch (6 piece modular), dining room table, 4 chairs, china cabinet.

Where did you get your boxes from? We need to get the matching sized ones (we've got banker's boxes for the books, but it's about time to start packing the rest of our stuff too) and I haven't priced them out yet. I've gotten them from U-Haul in the past.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:26 PM

Try googling "Wholesale Packaging" to see if there's anyone in your area. We have an eBay business so go through alot of boxes, but there is a wholesale box distributor about 20 miles from us. The only items we got from uHaul were wardrobe boxes, as their pricing is pretty high. My 16x11x7 boxes are about $.35 each and the 18" cubes are just under $1 each. I had a friend who moved only using USPS Priority boxes which are free, but I think they limit the amount they will deliver (plus, not sure about that ethically)..

Old 05-16-2013, 06:07 PM

2,064 posts, read 2,737,123 times
for mass quantities of boxes, try ULine.com FAST shipping, decent prices on other things. never bought boxes from them....

Old 05-17-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
for mass quantities of boxes, try ULine.com FAST shipping, decent prices on other things. never bought boxes from them....
Thanks for the idea! I looked at their site, and they've got something that would work great for me (a kit for $184), the shipping was another $100. If I lived closer I could have picked up at their site, which would have been handy. I'm going to just head over to UHaul or somewhere like that to get supplies.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:43 AM

Just venting since it's my thread -

Dear possible landlord, I just want to rent your house for 6mo-1year. That's it. We gave you bank statements, current bank balances, several months of pay stubs, a credit report, heck I think my husband even included last year's tax return. Asking me nit-picky questions about my credit report is annoying (yes, I do have the standard fraud alert that shows up. Someone opened a sears card in my name, but it's all better now. Why do you care?). And now apparently you're going to run a background check on us in addition to the credit.

I make enough money to live in your house and my current landlord highly recommends me and we are never late on rent. Also we're really nice people. Honest. How many more hoops are there before I can start finalizing my move plans??

Old 05-29-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimilyn View Post
Just venting since it's my thread -

Dear possible landlord, I just want to rent your house for 6mo-1year. That's it. We gave you bank statements, current bank balances, several months of pay stubs, a credit report, heck I think my husband even included last year's tax return. Asking me nit-picky questions about my credit report is annoying (yes, I do have the standard fraud alert that shows up. Someone opened a sears card in my name, but it's all better now. Why do you care?). And now apparently you're going to run a background check on us in addition to the credit.

I make enough money to live in your house and my current landlord highly recommends me and we are never late on rent. Also we're really nice people. Honest. How many more hoops are there before I can start finalizing my move plans??
I thought the SAME thing LOL.. I am guessing it's because it's such a transient area. For my current condo, we met with the realtor, told her why we were moving, and signed the lease. We paid first and security (which the owner let us use as last month's rent). We gave the agent in LV the application, bank statements, tax returns, personal references, professional references, and even pics of our dogs! And $4000 later in move-ins, we got the place. Of course, it's the 29th and he won't return calls to schedule a walkthrough and get the keys.. ugh.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:58 AM

All these follow up emails seem like they're trying to find excuses not to rent to us. This is so stressful, I just need a place to live.

We didn't end up sending cute cat pictures, maybe that's the problem.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:15 AM

My trailer gets here on Friday. No keys yet to the new place. We start driving on Monday. Stress? We've got the market cornered lol.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:19 AM

Oh, in that case we're good... husband just rented the Penske today, but we don't pick it up until the 13th. I've got a whole three weeks to get even more stressed out... Oh joy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas