U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 11:35 AM

50 posts, read 76,962 times

Advertisements

Sounds like you dont have the right agent.. shouldnt be this hard, ever...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 11:47 AM

5,314 posts, read 5,980,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCee33 View Post
Sounds like you dont have the right agent.. shouldnt be this hard, ever...
MY agent was good, but he wasn't the listing agent. It's the listing agent that doesn't seem very attentive..

Old 05-29-2013, 11:51 AM

158 posts, read 200,281 times
We had a place fall through just because the listing agent was a ditz and wouldn't return phone calls. Or if she did she forgot who we were. I feel your pain.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:37 PM

754 posts, read 1,039,007 times
Dear Prospective Tenant, sorry if you think I am being nit picky. I am sure you are a very nice person but I have had many nice people suddenly become not so nice people once they move in.

As far as running a background check that is very important and actually comes before the credit check in my opinion. As a Landlord I am looking for previous evictions in this state and others regarding any maiden or married names of prospective tenants. Evictions are not something prospective tenants usually want to divulge.

I am also looking for court records to see if you have been or are being sued for back rent or damage by previous landlords. This doesn't always come up in credit checks.

I also want to see if you or any of your family members have criminal records including juveniles (limited info there). Some HOA's even check for Sex Offender data too.

It's not that you are a bad person it's just the fact that people before you ruined it for everyone else.

Sincerely Prospective Landlord

Old 05-30-2013, 05:19 AM

In good news, walkthrough was done yesterday, keys are waiting for us, and we're ready to move! Jaimilyn, it can be done! lol

Old 05-30-2013, 10:00 AM

345 posts, read 535,643 times
Yes, as a landlord, I too ask for as much as I can. Had one tenant that came thru with flying colors, only to sneak in 2 other people and a small dog, then say he had a death in family -(why rent late), allowed him to stay - mistake, had to evict, waited believing poor guy had issues. Afterwards all kinds of creditors at house looking for tenant. Not good.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoliver View Post
Yes, as a landlord, I too ask for as much as I can. Had one tenant that came thru with flying colors, only to sneak in 2 other people and a small dog, then say he had a death in family -(why rent late), allowed him to stay - mistake, had to evict, waited believing poor guy had issues. Afterwards all kinds of creditors at house looking for tenant. Not good.
We really didn't mind the hoop-jumping. We were just not used to it being done in our area. We've been stellar tenants in the same rental for the past 5 years and prior to that owned houses. We were just surprised at what we had to go through, but, again, I assume it's because of the transient nature of the city. I live in New England, known for people never leaving. Hell, the Pilgrims lost what, half of their population the first Winter and stuck it out?

Old 05-31-2013, 03:40 PM

419 posts, read 751,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I thought the SAME thing LOL.. I am guessing it's because it's such a transient area. For my current condo, we met with the realtor, told her why we were moving, and signed the lease. We paid first and security (which the owner let us use as last month's rent). We gave the agent in LV the application, bank statements, tax returns, personal references, professional references, and even pics of our dogs! And $4000 later in move-ins, we got the place. Of course, it's the 29th and he won't return calls to schedule a walkthrough and get the keys.. ugh.
Are you serious?

You needed ALL THAT to rent a condo? Tax returns, bank statements?
That seems awful excessive imo.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerby View Post
Are you serious?

It's a SFH, not a condo, so maybe that makes things different, not really sure. And from what I gather the owner is somewhere else in the world and has the property management company take care of things. I don't know if the rigamarole was from the owner or the management company, but it's all set now ABF trailer loaded and locked, going away party tonight, recovery from the going away party tomorrow, and we hit the road at 4:00am on Monday!

Old 06-05-2013, 12:24 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,142,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerby View Post
Are you serious?

Nope. Perfectly reasonable for the self employed. A w2 worker can probably get by with a couple of pay stubs. What the LL wants is proof of income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas