U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-24-2013, 09:44 PM
 
Location: Earth
4,506 posts, read 5,256,024 times
Reputation: 4933

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post
One has nothing to do with the other. One is spending money knowingly on something that you think is stupid and the other is being ripped off. See the difference?
I do see the difference, do you see the hypocrisy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-24-2013, 10:38 PM
 
3,574 posts, read 4,015,486 times
Reputation: 3051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
I do see the difference, do you see the hypocrisy?
I don't.

One is a fee that is agreed to beforehand. The other is a scam. It's all about principle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2013, 10:39 PM
 
1,374 posts, read 2,567,608 times
Reputation: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
I do see the difference, do you see the hypocrisy?
No I don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2013, 11:18 PM
 
Location: Earth
4,506 posts, read 5,256,024 times
Reputation: 4933
So it's more about feeling taken than the actual money, right?

Okay...well then why not turn that embarrassment into action and report the longhaulers....I get tired of everyone crying about them but not willing to actually DO something about them!

Only the public can stop them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2013, 11:29 PM
 
1,374 posts, read 2,567,608 times
Reputation: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
So it's more about feeling taken than the actual money, right?

Okay...well then why not turn that embarrassment into action and report the longhaulers....I get tired of everyone crying about them but not willing to actually DO something about them!

Only the public can stop them.
One, I don't think anyone is "crying" about anything we're simply having a discussion on an anonymous message board. I'm sure people in the know are reporting the cabbies when they get long hauled. The problem is most tourists don't know any better and it's a scummy thing to do to the people that keep this city afloat. They'll lose their money willingly we don't need people stealing it. For me I take a cab one in a blue moon and would report a guy in a second if he long hauled me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2013, 11:58 PM
 
Location: Earth
4,506 posts, read 5,256,024 times
Reputation: 4933
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post
One, I don't think anyone is "crying" about anything we're simply having a discussion on an anonymous message board. I'm sure people in the know are reporting the cabbies when they get long hauled. The problem is most tourists don't know any better and it's a scummy thing to do to the people that keep this city afloat. They'll lose their money willingly we don't need people stealing it. For me I take a cab one in a blue moon and would report a guy in a second if he long hauled me.
Discussion, complaining, crying.....just venting or are you doing something about it?


You're preaching to the choir....tell me though, as a local, what have you done to prevent longhauling or other violations?

How many cabbies have you reported? Have you reported any for picking up on the street rather than a Cab Stand? That's illegal too....and the cabs that do this are the same ones whom longhaul.

Did you know that T/A officers actually get pressure to NOT write longhauling tickets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2013, 12:46 AM
 
436 posts, read 751,374 times
Reputation: 214
some of the cab drivers here are pretty scary too they look fresh out of prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2013, 02:17 AM
 
Location: Earth
4,506 posts, read 5,256,024 times
Reputation: 4933
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTSIMMER View Post
some of the cab drivers here are pretty scary too they look fresh out of prison.
...And?

If you feel you've been ripped off, have them drop you at a bigger casino, tell the doorman you need security and call the T/A....the cabbie will either disappear without getting paid of security will hold them until T/A arrives.


See, this is what I'm talking about....everyone wants to say what's wrong but no one wants to get involved...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2013, 02:29 AM
 
Location: Sunrise
10,869 posts, read 13,642,840 times
Reputation: 8987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
...And?

If you feel you've been ripped off, have them drop you at a bigger casino, tell the doorman you need security and call the T/A....the cabbie will either disappear without getting paid of security will hold them until T/A arrives.


See, this is what I'm talking about....everyone wants to say what's wrong but no one wants to get involved...
My involvement with this issue has been to simply boycott taxis. I have never used one in Las Vegas in the six years that I have lived here. I'm a "vote with my wallet" kind of guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2013, 02:35 AM
 
Location: Earth
4,506 posts, read 5,256,024 times
Reputation: 4933
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
My involvement with this issue has been to simply boycott taxis. I have never used one in Las Vegas in the six years that I have lived here. I'm a "vote with my wallet" kind of guy.

So you turn your back on problems...let someone else deal with it? But yet you want to complain about it?

Okay....I'm more of a man of action than just talk...but whatever works for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top