U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-23-2013, 07:52 PM
 
Location: Vegas, baby, Vegas!
3,977 posts, read 6,334,009 times
Reputation: 3700

Advertisements

The trend is there, and we should (hopefully) see relaxed marijuana laws here by 2016,
I applaud this, we should legalize pot, support gay marriage, the tourism boom to LV would be phenomenal (that's 4, NLVgal) what do you think?

Why legal pot is coming to Nevada, and why we need to prepare - Las Vegas Sun News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2013, 08:37 PM
 
Location: Giethoorn, Netherlands
629 posts, read 981,210 times
Reputation: 736
That's more of an opinion piece than a news article, but I totally agree that the tide is turning. Something like *23 states* currently have some sort of medical/decriminalization law. 10 years ago it would have been 1/10th of that. And guess what -- the world didn't end. It's actually a great medicine for many people as well -- without the harmful side effects of pharmaceuticals.

As for Las Vegas, I'd just be happy if that dispensary law goes into effect and patients can finally get access to the meds they voted for years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2013, 08:44 PM
 
126 posts, read 132,610 times
Reputation: 88
It's about time for gay marriage?? That's a matter of opinion. No thanks. Civil unions...yes. Marriage..no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2013, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Pahrump, NV
2,065 posts, read 2,738,104 times
Reputation: 1763
gay marriage/civil unions.....whatever you wanna call it, it would be a big $$$ maker for vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2013, 09:08 PM
 
Location: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ ̡
7,112 posts, read 10,855,275 times
Reputation: 3866
Tourists boom? How about resident boom?

Weed, gay marriage and legal prostitution would double the local population.


Motorola DynaTAC 8000x
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2013, 09:31 PM
 
3,574 posts, read 4,015,486 times
Reputation: 3051
We may have a fair shot at medical marijuana (don't we already have some relaxed rules there?), but I think there are too many vocal (and politically active) Mormons in this state to allow it recreationally.

I also think there needs to be a foolproof way to test drivers to see if they are currently "stoned". I think the only testing for THC gives results that cover the previous month. I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2013, 12:24 AM
 
Location: Sunrise
10,869 posts, read 13,642,840 times
Reputation: 8987
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
We may have a fair shot at medical marijuana (don't we already have some relaxed rules there?), but I think there are too many vocal (and politically active) Mormons in this state to allow it recreationally.

I also think there needs to be a foolproof way to test drivers to see if they are currently "stoned". I think the only testing for THC gives results that cover the previous month. I could be wrong.
You are correct -- the current tests are for historic use, not really recent use (although it will detect that as well.)

I also agree that the LDS church has enough pull in Southern Nevada to block gay marriage and cannabis for quite awhile, much like the segregationists were able to block equal rights laws in the south. Of course, they think they are right to do so. So did the segregationists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2013, 12:31 AM
 
13,478 posts, read 9,602,375 times
Reputation: 17430
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
The trend is there, and we should (hopefully) see relaxed marijuana laws here by 2016,
I applaud this, we should legalize pot, support gay marriage, the tourism boom to LV would be phenomenal (that's 4, NLVgal) what do you think?

Why legal pot is coming to Nevada, and why we need to prepare - Las Vegas Sun News
WTF? Why is that for me? I don't smoke weed and I'm not gay, though I do support legalization of both proposals. Yes, the legalization would help improve our numbers in the valley.

This town isn't Utah south, or California east, and I really wish people would stop trying prohibition.

It doesn't work. Unless you are a criminal, in which case it works really well for your bank account.

Most pot smokers don't drive stoned, BTW. They are too lazy stoned to get up off the couch. That's why Dominoes delivers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2013, 06:58 AM
 
Location: Kingman AZ
15,371 posts, read 33,766,194 times
Reputation: 8976
PROBLEM IS....and ya'll seem to bury your head in the sand over this....

IT IS FEDERALLY ILLEGAL!

so they legalize it in NV but then its still illegal to BUY SELL or POSSES it....

I havent smoked weed since is was $5 a lid....I probably won't smoke it if it ever becomes Federally legal....that being said I thinkit should be decriminalized at the Federal level and Taxed and Controlled byt the ATF [then would be ATFP] or something like that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2013, 07:07 AM
 
Location: Vegas, baby, Vegas!
3,977 posts, read 6,334,009 times
Reputation: 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
WTF? Why is that for me? I don't smoke weed and I'm not gay, though I do support legalization of both proposals. Yes, the legalization would help improve our numbers in the valley.

This town isn't Utah south, or California east, and I really wish people would stop trying prohibition.

It doesn't work. Unless you are a criminal, in which case it works really well for your bank account.

Most pot smokers don't drive stoned, BTW. They are too lazy stoned to get up off the couch. That's why Dominoes delivers.

**sheesh** that's 4 SYLLABLES
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top