U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 10:47 AM

3 posts, read 2,791 times

Advertisements

I quit my job due to things going on was denied UI and now have my appeal hearing coming up.
I quit as a manager at an establishment that employed a lot of minors. I witnessed other older male manager engaging in various activities which were illegal. Just to give you an idea engaging in sexual activities with 15 1/2 -16 yr old girls, supplying the minors with the liquor we sold. On one occasion one male manager punched a female under the age of 18 right in the nose. On all these incidents I immediately reported them to my GM, district manager and regional when nothing was done I contacted corporate on two seperate occasions informing them to pull the video tapes of the store. Still nothing was done, I asked for a transfer which was denied. Finally I had one last talk with my district manager who again said things would be investigated...dont you know the next day when I came into work I was presented with 4 writeups. I called my District Manager who was supposedly shocked by the writeups but my GM said he was instructed to give them to me by my DM. i quit and have since contacted several NV state agencies dealing with juvenile justice to investigate the activities that were going on. I have no written documentation which since everything was over the phone. A key reason I ve been pushing for the videotapes to be pulled and watched. Do I stand a chance at my appeal hearing to prove constructive discharge?
Oh all these things spanned the course of 3months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 11:06 AM

35 posts, read 39,642 times
Instead of only contacting your upper management, why didn't you contact the appropriate authorities? These activities that you state took place are illegal, and if you had proof would have gotten those that were committing the illegal act in trouble.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:07 PM

2,557 posts, read 3,874,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolve77 View Post
Instead of only contacting your upper management, why didn't you contact the appropriate authorities? These activities that you state took place are illegal, and if you had proof would have gotten those that were committing the illegal act in trouble.
Right. Call the police on the spot.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:28 PM

1,294 posts, read 1,992,554 times
yep...you should have contacted police while you were still on the job and had access to the evidence yourself.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:36 PM

12,686 posts, read 31,842,139 times
It may not be too late to call the police if crimes were committed. Keep in mind though that 16 is age of consent in Nevada. As long as it wasn't rape and the girl consented it's not illegal. It is always illegal to hit someone. If someone hit a girl why didn't you do something? Like kick his a$$?

As far as UI, you might have a case if you were being expected to commit crimes and can prove it. But by not keeping records, you might not have a case. Go to the hearing (or it may be by phone) and state your case. Many times the employer doesn't show up at all. If there was something going on they don't want known they might not.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:12 PM

Thank you for your responses, like I mentioned in my original post I have been cooperating with the juvenile justice office (They do sting operations and such) so the auhorities have been contacted. Proof like I mentioned is on the videotapes which can only be accessed by the corporate office. I never had any access to the tapes. I was a new manager in training and having dealt with illegal issues before at another work place you have to notify your superiors first and allow for an investigation. If you call the authorities they ask you if you ve contacted your superiors.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:19 PM

On the punching incident, i wrote up an incident report immediately which my GM basically tore up and the other manager downplayed the incident. I didnt see the female till a week later, I should mention she too was sleeping with the male manager who punched her. Even my attempts to document were thwarted basically but I know every square inch of the place was covered by cameras so everything is on tape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas