Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 01:43 AM

207 posts, read 506,740 times

Advertisements

Whatever you do, you'd better git yo arse in gear and BUY A HOUSE asap. Do it. Do it now before you are priced out of being a home owner forever.

LOL x 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 01:50 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,797,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegarlic View Post
Whatever you do, you'd better git yo arse in gear and BUY A HOUSE asap. Do it. Do it now before you are priced out of being a home owner forever.

LOL x 2.

Oh no, not this again, lol.

Someone told me this about 6 years ago. I did not buy a house. Instead I waited until 2011. That person no longer has a house though :P

Old 05-10-2013, 02:19 AM

207 posts, read 506,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
Oh no, not this again, lol.

Someone told me this about 6 years ago. I did not buy a house. Instead I waited until 2011. That person no longer has a house though :P
Did your friend have pom poms?

Go! Buy! Win!

Old 05-10-2013, 02:41 AM

10,865 posts, read 16,924,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Shhh. If people realized how nice portions of NLV are, we'd have the traffic problems that tend to plague the Anthem area.
There's always the East side. Nobody is EVER going to move here. We will NEVER be trendy. There will NEVER be any hipsters.

Now excuse me while I munch on the tamales my neighbor brought over while I was at work. "We made 12 extra for you. Is Scoop going to bake bread soon?"

So I know what I'm doing Monday. I think I'll make them some French Boules. That'll keep 'em busy for awhile.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:55 AM

391 posts, read 1,025,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Come on that is ridiculous. I had a pool in Vegas for 5 years and never felt cold unless I used it when it was under 80 degrees. The average pool in summer is so warm to begin with you are barely getting cooling effects unless a strong chiller is being used.
Willy,

Ridiculous is a strong word. Not while in the pool. Outside of it. I currently live in a hotter place than LV and I've personally experienced it every time I've gotten out of the pool and a light breeze was blowing. Positively atrocious (imo) to be so chilled when it is so hot. Now if you are blocked from the wind, your results might differ. I don't know since we generally always have that lovely high desert breeze.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:02 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,035,578 times
Quote:
Come on that is ridiculous. I had a pool in Vegas for 5 years and never felt cold unless I used it when it was under 80 degrees. The average pool in summer is so warm to begin with you are barely getting cooling effects unless a strong chiller is being used.
I dunno about that, Willy. I wont venture into my pool until it is approximately body temperature.I don't like cold water, even when it's hot outside. I usually turn off the solar heater in late July or early August.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:20 AM

9,478 posts, read 12,217,383 times
Quote:
This happened to me just last Saturday. (Okay maybe it was 95 not 99.) But getting out of the pool was FREEZING cold (getting in wasnt easier, it took awhile to get used to the water). Needed to wrap in a towel instantly upoin getting out, and unless the sun was clear of clouds, and the wind was still (it wasn't, it was windy) it was a chilly time drying off. And that was a supposedly HEATED pool!

IT HAPPENED TO ME. I was cold, (freezing, actually) therefore I posted about it.

Now, a 95 degree day where I live, where the humidity is above the 5% it was on Saturday, getting out of the water is MUCH easier.

Thanks for pointing out something that I JUST experienced in Vegas is ridiculous. How nice.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:27 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,800,715 times
Lets figure this out. When you get into a bathtub with hot water or get out or a shower it feels colder in the air when you get out SO!!!!!!! rule of thumb when it is hot you take a hot shower and you feel cool after taking it. Humidity plays a important factor also high humidity causes you to retain more moisture on your skin which makes you feel warmer. Low Humidity evaporates the moisture and lets you feel the real temp. When the weather is 85 degrees and a humidity level of over 50% and the pool water is 80 degrees you get out it you will not get that chill like here when the pool temp is 85 or above and the temp is 95 and above.
The object of a pool is to cool you off not warm you up. Nothing is orse than getting out of a pool and then start sweating again because of the high humidity I'll take the Vegas pool environment any time over the high humidity.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:05 PM

611 posts, read 946,141 times
LOL Scoop...I tried to keep the east side quiet but ever since we bought our condo on the east side, followed by Irishspy, ALL our friends are trying to find something in our area...YES, we will invade your quiet territory...:-)

Old 05-10-2013, 01:37 PM

1,600 posts, read 1,996,218 times
Quote:
My pool is pretty cool year around as it gets sun for only part of the afternoon even though it faces west. I have a neighbor behind me that's up higher than I am and their trees etc block the sun once it gets low enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas