Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 01:56 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times

Advertisements

At least you would have Spring Preserves in the neighborhood. The kids would love that.

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 02:04 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Yup. The kids call it the "Ghettos Mall."
Ha...

MM used to be my default place for Craigslist meet ups until I meet several people that refused to do any transaction in the mall or anywhere in the neighborhood.

Last time I suggested MM as a transaction destination, I received a text that read..."Meadows Mall? He'll No! I'm not falling for that".

We met at Texas Station instead.

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Old 05-22-2013, 04:51 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,568,409 times
Last time I was at meadows mall there was people yelling and threatening to kill each other inside. Yo holmes I'll be waiting for you!

Old 05-22-2013, 05:08 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,552,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Last time I was at meadows mall there was people yelling and threatening to kill each other inside. Yo holmes I'll be waiting for you!
Was it anything like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exWQIvjQ46c

Old 05-22-2013, 06:26 PM

31 posts, read 48,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
im trying to stay out of that zip code !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-23-2013, 06:01 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,051 times
The Ghetto Mall used to be nice but such is not the case anymore and the neighborhood over the 95 freeway away from the mall is iffy. Alta, Charleston and Oakey are all parallel to each other and there are nice and large homes in these areas between Valley View and Rancho. As long as you stay on the side of the Ghetto Mall and the Springs Preserve, even further up pass Decatur it's fine.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:44 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
I pick up my mail in 89107. Stopped by the other day, and found this going on:

Police search for second suspect in double shooting - www.ktnv.com

There may be a nice area or two in that zip, but I've never seen one. You couldn't pay me to live anywhere around there.

There was another time when I was leaving that location, and I was waiting at a red light when someone in an SUV made a left as they zoomed through the intersection I was at, made another left up the curb, across the sidewalk, over a low wall and into an apartment complex parking lot. A few seconds later, a motorcycle cop came from the same direction, and then a cruiser came from another direction.

I'm not an expert in real estate or every residential block in the valley or anything, but if I were house shopping, I wouldn't even consider that zip code. If I had a 9 year old that I was intending to send to public school, that would go double.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:18 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
^^ It's a shame, too because there are some really cute houses in the area. I triple agree with you about having a child in school over there. Not a good idea.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:47 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,319,508 times
I have a crime zip code map I used 3 yrs. ago when I first came to Las Vegas. Even at that time, that area (89107) was shown as second to worst in crime. Most women I know will not go to that mall alone at night. My map shows good areas being north of Ann and West of Rainbow, all the way down the west side and all across the south part of the city below Blue Diamond.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:48 PM

31 posts, read 48,424 times
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I pick up my mail in 89107. Stopped by the other day, and found this going on:

Police search for second suspect in double shooting - www.ktnv.com

There may be a nice area or two in that zip, but I've never seen one. You couldn't pay me to live anywhere around there.

There was another time when I was leaving that location, and I was waiting at a red light when someone in an SUV made a left as they zoomed through the intersection I was at, made another left up the curb, across the sidewalk, over a low wall and into an apartment complex parking lot. A few seconds later, a motorcycle cop came from the same direction, and then a cruiser came from another direction.

I'm not an expert in real estate or every residential block in the valley or anything, but if I were house shopping, I wouldn't even consider that zip code. If I had a 9 year old that I was intending to send to public school, that would go double.
thanks for the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas