Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 11:56 AM

31 posts, read 48,381 times

Advertisements

wood like locals to tell me is this area good,for schools for 9 year old and is this considered summerlin or nlv the area code is 89107. thanks you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 12:28 PM

557 posts, read 793,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britts-daddy View Post
wood like locals to tell me is this area good,for schools for 9 year old and is this considered summerlin or nlv the area code is 89107. thanks you
Try to stay West of Rainbow Blvd. The area near the mall is Las Vegas. You need to research potential schools on CCSD web site using the transparency reports ( excellent tool ). Hope this helps.

I see you are a painter by trade, if you could message me and let me know how much I should be paying per square foot for an exterior paint job/ stucco repair I would appreciate it. I am going to get a few estimates and looking for a good baseline number to start with along with any advice. Thanks.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:29 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,985,364 times
1) This area is neither Summerlin, nor North Las Vegas.

2) 89107 is typical for Las Vegas in that it has $2 million mansions on Pinto Ln within walking-distance of run-down areas with dilapidated houses selling for $50K.

We don't really deal with zip codes because they aren't an effective way to judge an area. I have tried repeatedly to get C-D users to make zip-code maps outlining the good and bad areas in their zip-code. But to date, nobody has bothered. (When all is said and done. A lot more gets said than done.)

So instead, we deal with major cross streets. For instance, the area around Alta and Rancho is very nice.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:44 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,792,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
1) This area is neither Summerlin, nor North Las Vegas.

2) 89107 is typical for Las Vegas in that it has $2 million mansions on Pinto Ln within walking-distance of run-down areas with dilapidated houses selling for $50K.

We don't really deal with zip codes because they aren't an effective way to judge an area. I have tried repeatedly to get C-D users to make zip-code maps outlining the good and bad areas in their zip-code. But to date, nobody has bothered. (When all is said and done. A lot more gets said than done.)

So instead, we deal with major cross streets. For instance, the area around Alta and Rancho is very nice.
Scoop does not deal with zip codes. Virtually everyone else does.

If you intend to use the public schools 89107 will not work.. With the exception of a couple of magnets the areas is a school disaster zone.

Basically get west of Rainbow or north of Craig.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyliveonce View Post
Try to stay West of Rainbow Blvd. The area near the mall is Las Vegas. You need to research potential schools on CCSD web site using the transparency reports ( excellent tool ). Hope this helps.

I see you are a painter by trade, if you could message me and let me know how much I should be paying per square foot for an exterior paint job/ stucco repair I would appreciate it. I am going to get a few estimates and looking for a good baseline number to start with along with any advice. Thanks.
your going to need to know ,what kind of paint and what line, there are so many,and they all have cheap paint.you could buy your own paint and ask them for labor price,dunn edwards best exterior paint is called ever shield its 100 percent acrylic and thats what you want,they also have very cheap paint ,so the brand is important and they have many lines of differnt paints.if you like i could help you save alot of money on there very best product thru dunn edwards paint your cost would be about 210.00 a five gallon bucket but my contractor price for that product at this time would bbe around 118.00 a five and i also get discounts on paper plastic and brushes and if you want to use BEHR from home depot i get 30 percent off, not to many painting contractors get,just let me know all you would need is my account nunbers and you could pay cash when you pick up.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:59 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,548,972 times
The mall is not the nicest area house wise but it's a very central location. Tell us cross streets, we'll tell you if they're good. Too hard to make a map as zip codes are not indicative of different developments "atmosphere".

Old 05-22-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

If you intend to use the public schools 89107 will not work.. With the exception of a couple of magnets the areas is a school disaster zone.

thank you so much ,i needed that info really bad.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:19 PM

557 posts, read 793,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britts-daddy View Post
your going to need to know ,what kind of paint and what line, there are so many,and they all have cheap paint.you could buy your own paint and ask them for labor price,dunn edwards best exterior paint is called ever shield its 100 percent acrylic and thats what you want,they also have very cheap paint ,so the brand is important and they have many lines of differnt paints.if you like i could help you save alot of money on there very best product thru dunn edwards paint your cost would be about 210.00 a five gallon bucket but my contractor price for that product at this time would bbe around 118.00 a five and i also get discounts on paper plastic and brushes and if you want to use BEHR from home depot i get 30 percent off, not to many painting contractors get,just let me know all you would need is my account nunbers and you could pay cash when you pick up.
Very kind offer, thanks. I replied to your DM. You will make the correct decision after reviewing the transparency reports. Lots of good info to help your decision.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:40 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,338,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

I go a little further and say get west of Tenaya or north of Lone Mountain.

But the Meadows Mall has gone to seed, and so has the neighborhood around it.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:48 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,107,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I go a little further and say get west of Tenaya or north of Lone Mountain.

But the Meadows Mall has gone to seed, and so has the neighborhood around it.
Yup. The kids call it the "Ghettos Mall."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas