Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 11:19 PM

670 posts, read 1,104,372 times

Advertisements

Allegiant flies to Plattsburgh, NY super cheap but, it may be too far North for your needs.

As Okey Dokey mentioned I would look into Southwest to Manchester, NH. Great deals, great service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 08:44 AM

421 posts, read 898,478 times
Have you tried Jet Blue? They fly to many of the airports that you mentioned.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:14 AM

526 posts, read 832,655 times
I second Jet Blue. They have non-stop flights to Boston

Old 07-27-2013, 05:31 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
Southwest has direct flights to most major airports, and they are the best airline, but the question is, where do they want to go? The northeast is a big area. Just don't go to JFK. That's the world's worst airport. You'll want go to the SWAL website and check on flights. Very simple. But once you find the flights you want, I find it is usually easier to call them directly to book the flights. We seldom pay because we have a Rapid Rewards account, but talking to a live person, you can ask them to give you their best deals, etc. Trying to figure that out online is frustrating.

Southwest Airlines | Book Flights, Airline Tickets, Airfare

SWAL flies directly to Boston now I believe, but I too have flown to Manchester, NH, and rented a car to drive to Boston. The Red Arrow Diner in Manchester is not to be missed.

For New York, we've flown to Islip, and Albany on SWAL too.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:40 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
BTW, SWAL doesn't charge all those extra fees either. Also, SWAL doesn't not have assigned seats, so you get to pick your own. But you need to get on the plane early so you can get the best seats. That means it's a good idea to go to their website exactly 24 hours before the flight and get boarding passes which you can print online. Passengers for SWAL line up in rows (it was ABC, now I think it's just A & B) listed on the boarding pass and board by the number on your pass. The smaller the number the closer to the head of the line.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:01 PM

1,607 posts, read 2,014,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
BTW, SWAL doesn't charge all those extra fees either. Also, SWAL doesn't not have assigned seats, so you get to pick your own. But you need to get on the plane early so you can get the best seats. That means it's a good idea to go to their website exactly 24 hours before the flight and get boarding passes which you can print online. Passengers for SWAL line up in rows (it was ABC, now I think it's just A & B) listed on the boarding pass and board by the number on your pass. The smaller the number the closer to the head of the line.
It is still A, B and C.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:51 PM

421 posts, read 898,478 times
You now pay 12.50 each to be an "A". My daughter just had to pay that for her family on Southwest cause they were flying with a little on. No baggage fees though

Old 07-27-2013, 09:36 PM

901 posts, read 1,898,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
BTW, SWAL doesn't charge all those extra fees either. Also, SWAL doesn't not have assigned seats, so you get to pick your own. But you need to get on the plane early so you can get the best seats. That means it's a good idea to go to their website exactly 24 hours before the flight and get boarding passes which you can print online.
I'm an A-list Preferred member, so I never have to worry about that. However, there's an easier way to check-in if you have a smart phone and a Rapid Rewards account. Once the reservation is made, sign-in to your account to view the flight. Click on "add to calendar". Once you upload this info to your Google calendar (or whatever you use), it will provide a direct link to check-in 24 hours ahead of time. One or two clicks and you're checked in from anywhere, then print the boarding passes at one of the many kiosks at the terminal. SWA also has an app for both iPhone and Android where check-ins can be done, but I've found that it's easiest by doing it through my calendar.

All that said, I'd rather pay the $12 early bird check-in fee when I'm traveling with my family. It's one less thing to worry about, especially while having fun on vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollieW View Post
You now pay 12.50 each to be an "A". My daughter just had to pay that for her family on Southwest cause they were flying with a little on. No baggage fees though
How old is the little one? For future reference, SWA's family boarding with kids under five is between the A and B boarding groups. They still could get a decent seat without paying the fee.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:10 PM

122 posts, read 260,683 times
I appreciate everyone's comments. I would do southwest if I had more advanced notice. I have checked everyday and the august flights are just getting higher.

Any thought on Delta? I used to fly delta all the time (when I lived in salt lake). They have a flight only $10 more then USairways but if is not non-stop(layover KY and MN) but times are decent.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:23 PM

901 posts, read 1,898,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspoons View Post
Any thought on Delta? I used to fly delta all the time (when I lived in salt lake). They have a flight only $10 more then USairways but if is not non-stop(layover KY and MN) but times are decent.
All of the majors are pretty much the same. If SWA is a no-go, consider Jet Blue like someone here mentioned. I've never flown on them, but some of my friends give them the thumbs up. If neither of those two, just pick one that gives you the best deal for the destination and times you're looking for. It's all a crap shoot. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas