Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 01:14 PM

6 posts, read 6,987 times

Advertisements

Lvoc thank you very much. I recently have had problems my back screen was pulled away so I think someone tried to get in my house. Not having a fence invites people in... And it is a health hazard as I have trash in my yard daily... Even found used tampon applicators and my kids play back there. Is that enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 02:04 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,071,714 times
Not even close.

Habitability issues you can withhold rent for are extreme. Things like no running water or no working toilet in the entire house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmgiene View Post
Lvoc thank you very much. I recently have had problems my back screen was pulled away so I think someone tried to get in my house. Not having a fence invites people in... And it is a health hazard as I have trash in my yard daily... Even found used tampon applicators and my kids play back there. Is that enough?

Old 08-13-2013, 02:23 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmgiene View Post
No...you dont have a case..... its not uninhabitable.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:49 PM

6 posts, read 6,987 times
I find it so rediculous that they can say what ever and not finish things and there is nothing you can do. Just shows how crooked and deceiptfull this country has become. A mans word is worth nothing any more! Pathetic!

Old 08-13-2013, 03:39 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times
you should have inspected prior to move in... learn from your mistake.. and if the ll or pm gets an eviction on your record, good luck finding another place to live...

Old 08-13-2013, 05:04 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Your problem is that you signed a contract that provided a major thing of value to you - which you got. But certain side details were not properly done to your satisfaction. But you got the house in habitable condition which is the primary item

You could have added a clause that says rent will be reduced by 25% until the month in which the backyard yard is fully fenced. You did not. So once you moved in without it the opportunity was lost.

So you bought a promise with no teeth if not performed.

Drop the LL a note saying you are going to bill him n a month until the wall is fixed and that you will go to small claims court to collect it if not paid. Set n at your estimate of the percent of usefulness lost to you by not having a fenced wall. Pick a rational n.

Then do it.

Note that these things happen for various reasons...the LL may have had every intention of doing it until he found out it would cost $2,000 that he did not have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: