Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 02:27 AM

1,376 posts, read 3,082,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
My buddy just goes to zero his weapon for accuracy then he is done. Takes him less than 30 minutes in the open desert. Takes over an hour at the CC range.
30 minutes? One hour? Your buddy needs to watch this:

Sight In Your Rifle in Two Shots - NSSF Shooting Sportscast - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 10:59 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post
30 minutes? One hour? Your buddy needs to watch this:

Sight In Your Rifle in Two Shots - NSSF Shooting Sportscast - YouTube
Nice trick. I will have to try that next we go out. It usually takes us a while because we all shooting multiple weapons. Last time we were out it took us longer to clean up than it did to shoot.

Sent from watch

Old 09-30-2013, 11:47 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,290,797 times
Quote:
Just remember kids if you bring it in take it out - far too many "trash shooters" think the desert is their trash can. Some spots are downright disgusting.
Reminds me of the drive to Valley of Fire. A whole stretch of desert where people have been setting off fireworks, then leaving the trash behind. UGH.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:44 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,082,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Nice trick. I will have to try that next we go out. It usually takes us a while because we all shooting multiple weapons. Last time we were out it took us longer to clean up than it did to shoot.Sent from watch
I always try to take out more than I bring in.

The worst offenders:

1.) trash shooters - couches, chairs, TVs, appliances. These people have no sense whatsoever.
2.) shotgun shooters - uh all those thousands of casings you leave are not going to biodegrade.
3.) glass shooters - stupid, just stupid
4.) 7.62 x 39 shooters - that cheap unloadable ammo isn't getting picked up by anyone
4.) pistol shooters - Really how hard is it to throw the box your ammo came in into your car instead of on the ground?

If you shoot in a popular spot and leave your brass fine...there will be someone there within a few hours to pick it up and sell or reload.

About the only casings I never see are 308 I think all those guys reload.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:56 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
Quote:
I always try to take out more than I bring in.

The worst offenders:

1.) trash shooters - couches, chairs, TVs, appliances. These people have no sense whatsoever.
2.) shotgun shooters - uh all those thousands of casings you leave are not going to biodegrade.
3.) glass shooters - stupid, just stupid
4.) 7.62 x 39 shooters - that cheap unloadable ammo isn't getting picked up by anyone
4.) pistol shooters - Really how hard is it to throw the box your ammo came in into your car instead of on the ground?

If you shoot in a popular spot and leave your brass fine...there will be someone there within a few hours to pick it up and sell or reload.

About the only casings I never see are 308 I think all those guys reload.
Trash shooting is ridiculous. We only shoot targets that reset themselves or at least pop up by themselves. We had some random guy ask us if we were going to reuse our shells. We told him no. So he waited nearby till we were finished.

This is what we use mainly.

Sent from watch

Old 08-21-2014, 02:35 AM

645 posts, read 706,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.2 View Post
atomic testing museum, $2.00 off, on East Flamingo near the strip.
make like an ocean 11 and rubber neck the bellagio water fountain show.
drive through red rock canyon.
at night, drive up north a bit on 15N to the apex exit #54, turn left and reenter the 15 heading south and enjoy the free vegas valley light show.

question about the bellagio fountain show, I understand the shows are different. Is there a site that lists all the song fountain shows? and what time they play them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas