U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-24-2013, 06:04 PM

1,980 posts, read 1,552,372 times

Advertisements

As we are new to Nevada, and will be needing a new insurance policy, I was wondering if any current residents could comment on the four insurance carriers that have been set up thus far for the exchange under the new Affordable Care Act.

They are:

Anthem
Health Plan of Nevada
Nevada Health CO-OP
Saint Mary’s Healthfirst

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the above plans. Pluses or minuses would be appreciated.
I realize that the actual exchange plans may be different than existing plans, but there will most likely be some carry over as to quality of service or lack there of of the insurance company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 06:32 PM

2,965 posts, read 1,959,529 times
We like Anthem, but it's expensive because we have a lot of coverage. We'll see if prices change much, if at all.

It's really hard to make a judgement on one company with so many variables: deductibles, degrees of coverage, maximum out-of-pocket, co-pays, co-insurance, etc.

I would be a little wary of taking advice on entire healthcare companies because one person's experience could be totally opposite of another's, even if they are in the same "plan." I would first focus on finding a good doctor that you like, then shop for a plan that covers them at the best price.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:29 PM

1,980 posts, read 1,552,372 times
Well, he is waiting to go to doctor after he gets insurance, so currently there's no one to ask.
Looking at the web site, Anthem is the most expensive, but the little I can find on line does not indicate it covers the most. I am not sure about the restrictiveness of each plan, in so far as who you can see and who you can't. That is very important. Anthem is the only name I recognize. Anyone know anything about the others listed? Are their providers very restrictive?

Old 09-24-2013, 09:37 PM

9,583 posts, read 15,090,678 times
hpn was great for my open heart surgery but horrible for the aftercare, declined everything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas