Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:42 PM

23,536 posts, read 23,870,140 times

Advertisements

It's very expensive, relative to what you'd pay in the store. We signed up at a farmer's market several months ago. We took two deliveries and realized how insane the prices were and canceled.

For instance - they have a box of produce that they sell for around $20. We figured that the produce we got in that box would have cost about $7-8 at Fresh 'n Easy - less at a regular grocery store. The other things were also overpriced.

The quality was good - I'll give them that. And there's some value in the convenience of delivery, but for us, it just wasn't worth what they were charging.

Also, there was a $30 charge to cancel before 30 weeks or something (don't remember the time frame), so keep that in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 07:48 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,013,255 times
sounds like an advertisement to me.....

Old 10-10-2008, 09:00 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,912,192 times
What is organic about iced tea? The tea leaves?

Old 10-10-2008, 10:25 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,013,255 times
The ice if it's made from Las Vegas water.....[lots of floating organisms in it.]

Old 10-10-2008, 01:55 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,215,992 times
Organic iced tea would have to be made with organic tea leaves. Not sprayed with pesticides.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:38 PM

157 posts, read 558,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Thanks.
Hmmmm. Do the salads stay fresh because they are sprayed with nitrates and nitrites? Or are they organic?
I do not know about organic but if you go to Costco.com and buy their oso fresh containers, your vegis will last about 3-4 weeks. I just found these and am sold on this product. I do not mean just the WF produce any produce.
Pricey containers but they do work and I do not work for them.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:45 PM

To answer Buzz's long ago question: It's actually the organic produce that goes bad first, then the pesticide laden stuff. And now it's also irradiated,all bagged spinach and lettuce, plus bagged salads. But not organic. Or so they say...
Best to buy organic locally, it lasts longer than being shipped in from Timbuktu.

Gorreegal, Thanks for the info on the oso containers. I'll check them out next time I see them. Pricey doesn't bug me, besides, what's pricey for someone else may be pennies to me.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:09 PM

157 posts, read 558,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
To answer Buzz's long ago question: It's actually the organic produce that goes bad first, then the pesticide laden stuff. And now it's also irradiated,all bagged spinach and lettuce, plus bagged salads. But not organic. Or so they say...
Best to buy organic locally, it lasts longer than being shipped in from Timbuktu.

Gorreegal, Thanks for the info on the oso containers. I'll check them out next time I see them. Pricey doesn't bug me, besides, what's pricey for someone else may be pennies to me.

They run about 50 bucks for a 14 piece set or 79 for a 28 piece set. I have 2 sets. They used to have them in the store but now some tacky imitation types. Has to be ordered on Costco Web site. I give them now for gifts since I know they have saved me hundreds in throw away food cost. I have blackberries for 2 weeks and still like freshly picked not fuzz infested like they would have been before. They have silver something in the material and you can freeze, microwave and put them in the dishwasher. Heck they should give me a set for as many times as I have bragged about them to friends. LOL

Old 10-12-2008, 11:59 PM

I definitely need those for my lettuce. It seems to go bad so fast, except for Fresh & Easy's brand of lettuce for some reason. The green leaf.That can last over 2 weeks without any container.
Also raspberries get fuzzy within 2 days if not eaten right away. I'll go check out those containers. And yes, they should give you a couple of sets for free for telling everyone about them. I also like telling people about products I really like and I don't work for the companies either. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas