Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:58 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,236,739 times

Advertisements

I believe if it was the other way around and you came here with an outstanding ticket you would be allowed to register your car. It might work that way in the new state too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 12:22 AM

229 posts, read 812,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell74 View Post
Hi everyone.

I am moving out of Las Vegas in two weeks and a few days ago was pulled over for having expired tags on my car. Unfortunately, I took the chance that I could drive with expired tags for a few weeks before moving, but my $400 ticket seems to say otherwise. Right after getting the ticket I decided to register the car to avoid any additional surprises.

The cop gave me a court date in January when I will obviously be out of the state. I wanted to find out if it is worth sending someone to court on my behalf to see if the fine can be reduced since the car is now registered, or if I should just pay it and consider it a "gift" to Nevada. Would one of the ticket companies be useful or are they a waste of money?

Thanks.
Not that this helps you now, but for those who may be in a similar situation it may. I too faced a scenario like this, and I refused to renew my Nevada tags since I was moving out of the state within 30 days of the renewal. The DMV made it extremely easy for me to get a temporary renewal (good for two weeks, I think). Then before I left town, I returned to the DMV and picked up a leave the state registration that allowed me to legally move my vehicle to my new state. Easy, legal, and no ticket or stress.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:26 PM

10 posts, read 49,489 times
My husband had the same thing happen right after we moved here. We had NJ plates which don't have stickers on them, so we didn't realize that they were expired until the police ran them during a routine stop. We went with e-ticket.com ph: 933-4248. They charged $45.00, appeared in court for us and got the fine reduced with no penalties on his license. Whatever you do don't ignore it. My husband ignored some tickets in NJ when he was a teenager, and could not get a license for years until we straightened it out. Computers follow you everywhere and forever!

Old 03-25-2016, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,116 times
Does anyone know the policy for Colorado state about expired license plate?
I have Iowa plates and my car was parked in the parking lot when they tow my car from the property. Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Any information is highly appreciated.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:45 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,750,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch22 View Post
I have Iowa plates and my car was parked in the parking lot when they tow my car from the property. Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Try the Colorado forum, perhaps?

Old 03-26-2016, 01:01 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,912,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Culture View Post
There won't be any warrant out of state for this; $400 is unbelievable. Don't pay this garbage--you'll be fine. Nevada just gets more and more corrupt.
Unfortunately, nowadays, all DMV computers can look up any info they need.. So while he may be in another state if he does NOT pay the fine, then it can come back on him...

Old 03-26-2016, 05:21 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,623,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseylv View Post
I just had Adam S. Kutner's office take car of a ticket for me. There services are free and they will represent you in court.

It wouldn't hurt just give them a call

FYI, a year ago I got a ticket for no Nevada Registration and no Nevada insurance. When I appeared in court and showcased my recently acquired insurance and proper registration, the judge dismissed my ticket

Outcome
3 hours of my time spent
$400 in savings

its up to you
The violation occurred in a different state.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:49 AM

654 posts, read 1,318,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch22 View Post

Thank you

I would strongly suggest the Colorado forum as you're much more likely to get a useful answer.

As an aside, anyone here know the record amount of time elapsed for reviving a dead thread? How does one even find an 8+ year old thread, then post in a forum where it's unlikely to get a useful response?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: