Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2007, 09:04 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,694,554 times

Advertisements

Can anybody please recommend a few good kiddie Martial arts/Karate schools in Henderson Nevada or South east Vegas for Children? But at a decent price. My Martial arts for adult unlimited classes cost me only 65 a month. I did call 2 places for children that are asking 100 per month for 2 days a week , 30 mins a class. To me that's a bit high.

Please let me know what you guys pay, and what style of Martial arts are your kids taking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 12:18 PM

818 posts, read 3,697,293 times
You might try local community centers.... Black Mountain Rec Center or Whitney Ranch Community Center.

Mr. Miyagi, Pat Morita, was a long time Vegas resident. Sadly, he is no longer with us, but what a great karate teacher he would have made!

Old 11-30-2007, 12:43 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
You might try local community centers.... Black Mountain Rec Center or Whitney Ranch Community Center.

Mr. Miyagi, Pat Morita, was a long time Vegas resident. Sadly, he is no longer with us, but what a great karate teacher he would have made!
Because he played one in a movie?? He played the owner of Arnolds on Happy Days too- does that make him a good short-order cook? lol

Old 11-30-2007, 12:55 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
I had dinner with The Karate Kid (Ralph Macchio) before he ever became famous as The Karate Kid. He and my ex-BIL attended the same dance school on LI and during a dinner break, they stopped over at my ex-MIL's house to eat. Karate Child was about 10 years old...and as I remember, a very polite and well mannered kid.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:20 PM

818 posts, read 3,697,293 times
Imagine your kid coming home from karate practice. You ask him what he did and he says, "I painted a fence and tried to catch some flies with chopsticks!"

Old 11-30-2007, 01:30 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
Imagine your kid coming home from karate practice. You ask him what he did and he says, "I painted a fence and tried to catch some flies with chopsticks!"
Well, they can come to my house and paint the fence, wax the cars, and sand the floors if you think it'd help- and I'll only charge $50/month......lol

Old 07-03-2008, 01:30 PM

17 posts, read 66,631 times
Hi, I'll be moving to LV soon, and read your thread. What luck did you have? When I Google karate, it only produces Shotokan. I'm hoping that Sheeto Ryu is in Vegas.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:48 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,845,674 times
Are you very particular about the discipline? The reason I ask is that we have a very large mixed martial arts presence here in the valley. My buddy is half owner of the Xyience Training Center. They have a children's MMA course that is taught by a school teacher. I met the guy and checked out the training with my son. I haven't gotten him in there yet, but am definitely planning on it. Also Forrest Griffin owns a training center out here that has a children's MMA course, and of course there are mulitiple BJJ training centers in town as well.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:49 PM

17 posts, read 66,631 times
Thanks for the response. Yes, we are particular about the style. They are currently training under the first 8th degree black belt (foreign born/sheeto ryu) in in the United States and they love it. They have trained so hard, so I do not want to start them over if I don't have to. I know there is a Shotokan dojo out there, but... Again, thanks for the reply. Happy 4th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: