Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 07:35 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,785,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
But there is really no way to force a servicer to foreclose. You can do the right things to make it more likely...but you cannot force it and they may not.

Move out and rent it. Tell the tenant and give them a good deal. Keeps the place up and you make some money. Pay any HOA so they don't foreclose.
I don't think the OP is looking for options. For some reason (that he does not want to share), he's looking to ruin his credit and not be able to buy a house, or possibly even rent a house, for many years to come. Maybe he's planning on filming a documentary on homelessness from a personal standpoint? Who knows..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 11:39 AM

555 posts, read 1,259,265 times
From looking at the posters history, he is trying to convince his folks to move to Utah or maybe Boise.

Good luck to you OP, never been to Boise, but Utah is BEAUTIFUL!!

Old 02-14-2014, 02:07 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I don't think the OP is looking for options. For some reason (that he does not want to share), he's looking to ruin his credit and not be able to buy a house, or possibly even rent a house, for many years to come. Maybe he's planning on filming a documentary on homelessness from a personal standpoint? Who knows..
you can buy a house a few years after foreclosure... also for deficiency purposes, they only have 6 months after the sale to attempt to collect, whereas a shortsale, they have alot longer (if its not done correctly) and you may have to pay taxes on the debt forgiveness (if the law wasn't renewed)

its like credit cards.. after chargeoff and it's been sold to a collector, if you pay it, it is the dumbest thing you can do.. resets the sol clock and it stays on your report with the original creditor anyway. it does not help your score when it reads "settled" or "paid less than owed"

Old 02-18-2014, 01:17 PM

229 posts, read 565,462 times
Well some of you people are rather harsh with your replies that didn't address my question. It's not up to you to decide if I "want" to ruin my credit, etc. All I wanted to know is what is the soonest (after a missed payment) a servicer can actually begin the foreclosure process in the state of Nevada? I never said I wanted to delay or stop the foreclosure, and I specifically stated that I wasn't interested in a short sale. Where I want to move also has nothing to do with my question for the sleuths who chose to look at my posting history...

Old 02-18-2014, 02:30 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,994,497 times
While you may think people should step off their high horses, it's only because your strategy makes no sense. Perhaps there is some bit of crucial missing information that would shed light on why a person would want to completely trash their credit rating when there are better options available.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:36 PM

229 posts, read 565,462 times
I'm well aware of the options for foreclosure alternatives, and the procedures to obtain them. I've probably read more of the fannie mae servicing guide than anyone here. I know how they operate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas